mr_benderr
Star I
ZF Model: ZE554KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Android 8.0.0
Frequency of Occurrence: All of the time
Rooted: No
APP Name: Google Play Store
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201906/09/163352mry777ni1r1rzrjr.jpg

I've had the same problem with every ZenFone I've owned (or at least the last 2 phones, ZenFone Laser 3, ZenFone 4), it won't download or update apps while it's charging. I thought it might have been a setting on android but the only post I've found that someone has had a similar issue is a forum post in the ASUS forum from over a year ago which never got an answer on how to fix the problem: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/ph/thread-202911-1-1.html I've tried everything that was suggested. The only time I've got it to work is sometimes when I trick the phone buy unplugging it which starts the download and then plugging the phone back in. It also sometimes works when I power cycle the phone. It's not the end of the world but it's definitely an annoyance, so if there's something I can do to fix it I would love to know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi mr.benderr, We cannot find this same issue on our phones right now. Does it happen every time you charge? Does it happen to both updating & downloading every time? Are you using WiFi or 4G to update/download? Are you using the original charger and cable? Could you tell us your google play store version? Thank you 🙂

Przemo
Star I
Last edited by Przemo on 2019/6/23 07:29 I have same problem with my phone. It doesnt matter 4g or wifi, during charging wont download and update apps in Google Play Store. I must check system update and then start downloading but only for a while so if i want download/update apps during charging i must tap on check update until downloading/updatating will ends or waiting for end of charging

Przemo
Star I
Google Play Store is the newest actual. The charger also doesnt matter The problem occours on original with original cable like on the other chargers with other calbles