This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Pro Duo (UX581) Screenpad Plus working only as touchpad not a display

Vats
Star I
System: Zenbook Pro Duo (Windows 10 64-bit)
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Screenpad+ is blank but when I touch it, it acts like a touchpad for the main screen. Because of this, I'm assuming the issue is software related not hardware. Have tried hiding it, turning it off and turning it on again using the dedicated hotkey on the keyboard but that doesn't do anything except turn off the trackpad functionality.

Device manager is only showing one monitor, I've tried scanning for hardware changes but nothing shows up. Screenpad doesn't show up under Human Interface Devices either. I selected the option to show hidden devices in Device Manager and two new monitors show up. I'm not able to do anything with them except uninstall them because it says they're not connected to the device.

I've scanned for new drivers, updated display drivers using GEFORCE, downloaded drivers from the ASUS support website. Nothing works. I've followed the instructions on "[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the ScreenPad Plus problems when it is not working properly on my ASUS notebook" multiple times but it doesn't do anything. Running ScreenXpert Optimizer gives me error code 0x00000048 and nothing else.

The only other troubleshooting tip I found was to use ScreenXpert but when I try to launch it, it doesn't show up on the main display. I'm assuming its trying to open on the Screenpad but since the screen is all black, I'm not able to interact with it. I tried using the hotkey to switch windows between the main and secondary displays but that doesn't do anything.

Am I missing anything here? Do I need to reinstall windows to get this screen working again? If so, how do I reinstall Windows without buying a new copy since this laptop came with it preinstalled.
11 REPLIES 11

Falcon_ASUS
helmy2062

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/4MYZFYO7TBAS/vid-20220904-wa0021.mp4

I have the same problem again on Zenbook Pro Duo UX582 (windows 11 pro)

The problem is not resolved even with the use of ScreenPad Optimizer and restore the system

View post
@helmy2062
If the system is restored and the problem persists, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.