cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook Duo UX482, Screenpad+ Dims On Battery Mode

SeoulSeeker
Star III

Hi,

My laptop model is Zenbook Duo UX482 (with integrated graphics Iris XE)

I currently have an issue where when I unplug my laptop and go on battery mode, the screenpad+ screen automatically dims itself so much that it's almost unusable.

I actually used to have this issue with the main screen as well, but was able to solve it by going into "intel graphics command center" and turning off "display power saving".

However, the issue still affects the screenpad+.

When I unplug, the brightness change is not instant. It slowly dims over the course of like 15 or 20 seconds and then stays dim. (Yes I did check, the brightness is maxed. Max brightness just becomes lower on battery mode).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

8 REPLIES 8

SeoulSeeker
Star III

Sorry, I should add - I have also tried disabling a screenpad plus setting titled something like "Screenpad battery saving mode" (rough translation, my screenpad settings are in korean). This did not do anything either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no solution to this. If you do find one please post.

Things i have checked are

1. Registry settings.

2.Intel software settings.

3.Intel driver settings in Linux config files.

4.Uninstalling/reinstalling all Asus drivers to see if this is Asus implemented.

Only thing that really works is having a bright theme with a really bright wallpaper with a really bright taskbar set in the lower screen.

The screen works in a very weird way, it not only reduces brightness, it also drops sharpness. Its probably hardware implemented to work that way. 

Another weird thing is, it drops brightness if the content is dark, but it increase brightness if the content is light??? wtf

SeoulSeeker
Star III

Hmm. Thanks for looking into it a bit, it will save me from trying these things too. 

To be honest I am hoping to get a response from Asus tech support here but it seems they are not as active on this forum as they were a couple months ago when I had a different issue. Maybe they are between support employees at the moment or something.

I will try to keep the thread bumped until I get a response at any rate, as I find the issue quite annoying. 

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @SeoulSeeker 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the slow reply.
Please refer to [Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - Main (Internal) Display problem first to check if any steps were missed. It is recommended that you perform a hard reset and reset the display settings.

Could you please provide the following information to help us better understand the problem you might have?
- the full model name of your laptop (for example, UX482EA or UX482EGR)
- the OS version and the BIOS version
- the graphics driver version
- MyASUS and ASUS System Control Interface Driver version

Thank you.