Star I
System: Zenbook Duo UX482
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes, tried three times.
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:My Zenbook Duo UX482 (i7, 32GB RAM, MX450, Windows 10 Pro) has had an audio out-of-sync issue since day 1. I tried reinstalling windows 3 times and downloading all the latest windows updates but nothing worked. The issue occurs when playing any video, where the sound is always lagging behind (out of sync with speech).
I suspect that perhaps it has something to do with the video card drivers because the problem persists even when I plugged in an external USB sound card and used my headphones.
Also, the video appeared to lock up when I used Google Meet for a video conference this week. Please help!
4 REPLIES 4

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Wave,
The issue happens with built-in speaker, plug in headset or bluetooth audio device? or all?
Can you share a video record of the issue?
Please check your BIOS and audio driver version as well.
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I actually have noticed this problem as well (it is an intermittent occurrence I think). There are a number of users on Reddit also messaging me about this issue and I think it needs to be looked into @Blake_ASUS

It happens on speaker and bluetooth. Not sure about plugged in, but some users have said to me it is also lagging on headset and via USB soundcard

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
potatosubwoofer

I actually have noticed this problem as well (it is an intermittent occurrence I think). There are a number of users on Reddit also messaging me about this issue and I think it needs to be looked into @Blake_ASUS

It happens on speaker and bluetooth. Not sure about plugged in, but some users have said to me it is also lagging on headset and via USB soundcard

View post
Hi there,
It would be great if you can share a video or audio record so I can test and compare them.
Thank you.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
@Blake_ASUS I can't do a video recording because the capture device will be out of sync as well introducing errors in the measurement. What I did do however is the following youtube test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZl6vQ_8Uo

With audio enhancements disabled there is no detectable delay.
With audio enhancements enabled I can see a 50-200ms delay which is very noticeable.