This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook 14 UX433FN Webcam stuttering

emsal
Star I
I noticed the built-in webcam of my laptop (Zenbook 14 UX433FN) stutters, i.e. it would rapidly alternate showing the current frame and the frames from a few seconds ago. It's a jump-scare horror movie kind of effect.
In Device Manager I see that my RealTek device driver version is 10.0.18362.20118 for a USB2.0 HD IR UVC WebCam. I'm currently on Windows Insider build 20197.
Thanks for all help in advance.
12 REPLIES 12

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Ulfonzo

I'm having the UM425, also running insider build (20211) - and also have the same Webcam problem. I downloaded Ubuntu on a stick, booted from it - and the Webcam is just fine. Its a Windows insider issue. Please file as a bug there.

View post
I have different model laptop, did you checked other applications those use builtin camera .
download and install Skype application . configure the video settings in skype, you will see the difference

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Ulfonzo

I'm having the UM425, also running insider build (20211) - and also have the same Webcam problem. I downloaded Ubuntu on a stick, booted from it - and the Webcam is just fine. Its a Windows insider issue. Please file as a bug there.

View post
Hi,
Please report to Microsoft.
Thank you.

Ulfonzo
Star I
If you are an Insider, the option is to use the Feedback Hub inside Windows. I guess that if lots of Asus owners running Inside builds are up-voting the issue we might get Microsofts attention. Feel free to up-vote my problem description about this. If you search for "Webcam erratic in camera app, in Skype and netmeetings" in the Feedback hub, you will find my description and can add weight and additional comments to it.