This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when my ux8402ZE is not as advertized?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: WIndows 11
Battery or AC: UX8402ZE
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Due to a problem found for the connection of an external sandisk extreme pro v2 whose speed can go up 2000 mbs, I have searched for info about my zenbook 14 duo pro i7 and reread its manual, I found that the specification of port usb 3.2 described in the manual is usb 3.2 gen 1, not usb 3.2 gen 2 as advertized on the web sites, both in Thai and in English.
ux8402ze.png
In Thai, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
us-ux8402-1xusb3-2-gen2-type-a.png
In English, 1xUSB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
But in Thai manual, it is published: 3 Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port USB 3.2 (Serial bus 3.2) Gen 1, Data transfer rate up to 5Gbits/s and can work with old USB 2.0
manual-thai-usb3-2-gen1.png
What do I have to do? I cannot benefit from my Sandisk speed.
I bought this model as advertized on the web sites, not on the manual.
How can I upgrade the port usb 3.2 Gen 1 to port usb 3.2 Gen 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

FongPoui
  1. System: WIndows 11
  2. Battery or AC: UX8402ZE
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Due to a problem found for the connection of an external sandisk extreme pro v2 whose speed can go up 2000 mbs, I have searched for info about my zenbook 14 duo pro i7 and reread its manual, I found that the specification of port usb 3.2 described in the manual is usb 3.2 gen 1, not usb 3.2 gen 2 as advertized on the web sites, both in Thai and in English.

ux8402ze.png

But in Thai manual, it is published: 3 Port USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port USB 3.2 (Serial bus 3.2) Gen 1, Data transfer rate up to 5Gbits/s and can work with old USB 2.0

@FongPoui
I have replied to you in here.
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64181/how-to-confirm-the-usb-3-2-type-a-port-is-really-gen-2

@FongPoui

Confirmed by the technical unit, the USB port (Type-A) of UX8402ZE is USB 3.2 Gen2 2x1 (10Gbps).

Regarding the wrong part of the description in the user manual, I have reported the relevant unit yesterday.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
There is no problem with the USB specification on ASUS website, the USB port (Type-A) of UX8402ZE is USB 3.2 Gen2 2x1 (10Gbps). About the wrong part of the manual description, I have reported the relevant units. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

FongPoui
  1. System: WIndows 11
  2. Battery or AC: UX8402ZE
  3. Model:
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

ux8402ze.png

@FongPoui
I have replied to you in here.
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64181/how-to-confirm-the-usb-3-2-type-a-port-is-really-gen-2

@FongPoui

Confirmed by the technical unit, the USB port (Type-A) of UX8402ZE is USB 3.2 Gen2 2x1 (10Gbps).

Regarding the wrong part of the description in the user manual, I have reported the relevant unit yesterday.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
There is no problem with the USB specification on ASUS website, the USB port (Type-A) of UX8402ZE is USB 3.2 Gen2 2x1 (10Gbps). About the wrong part of the manual description, I have reported the relevant units. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.