This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space edition heating, sleep/hibernate not working and auto login for the first power up.

bmcalex
Star I
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX5401ZAS Space edition
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The laptop gets hot when I choose sleep mode or hibernate on both battery and plugin.
I tried to stop all unnecessary service including all ASUS service but no avail.
Actually sleep and hibernate is simply fake as the HDD LED still has activity and when I open the laptop lid it is instantly on even on hibernate.

Also when I power on the laptop for the very first time it login automatically to Windows although I have a finger print and a PIN password. This is a serious problem for me and it never happened with any laptop I had before.
I regret buying Zenbook space edition over the Apple M2 or even M1 mac.
I switched back to my old MacBook pro laptop till these issues are fixed or get rid of the laptop anytime soon.
21 REPLIES 21

Turbonetics
Star III
bmcalex
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: UX5401ZAS Space edition
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: The laptop gets hot when I choose sleep mode or hibernate on both battery and plugin.

I tried to stop all unnecessary service including all ASUS service but no avail.

Actually sleep and hibernate is simply fake as the HDD LED still has activity and when I open the laptop lid it is instantly on even on hibernate.

Also when I power on the laptop for the very first time it login automatically to Windows although I have a finger print and a PIN password. This is a serious problem for me and it never happened with any laptop I had before.

I regret buying Zenbook space edition over the Apple M2 or even M1 mac.

I switched back to my old MacBook pro laptop till these issues are fixed or get rid of the laptop anytime soon.

Space edition heating, sleep/hibernate not working and auto login for the first power up.
How do you send laptop to sleep mode? Looks like it trying to make hybernate file, but something went wrong.

bmcalex
Star I
Turbonetics

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64475/space-edition-heating-sleep-hibernate-not-working-and-a...

How do you send laptop to sleep mode? Looks like it trying to make hybernate file, but something went wrong.

View post
I simply click the Windows icon, Power icon and choose Sleep or Hibernate and wait till screen, keyboard and even ZenVision mini screen go off. I close the lid and after a while I find it hot when I get back and it instantly turn on as soon as I lift the laptop lid.

Turbonetics
Star III
bmcalex

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/231024#Comment_231024

I simply click the Windows icon, Power icon and choose Sleep or Hibernate and wait till screen, keyboard and even ZenVision mini screen go off. I close the lid and after a while I find it hot when I get back and it instantly turn on as soon as I lift the laptop lid.

View post
Try to go to Windows Event Viewer and there is what your laptop do when you send it to sleep mode

bmcalex
Star I
Turbonetics

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/231157#Comment_231157

Try to go to Windows Event Viewer and there is what your laptop do when you send it to sleep mode

View post
Could you please elaborate?!
What am I supposed to look for?