This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScreenXpert 3 Keeps Crushing - FIX THIS ONCE FOR ALL!

liOS
Star III

Model Zenbook 14 UX8402ZA (the problem is present in other models too)

ScreenXpert  UWP  V 3.0.21.0 - Driver V 3.0.1.0

This software is needed to properly take advantage of the dual screen and it keeps crushing. It's totally random. Every time the laptop goes to sleep both ScreenXpert and ProArt crash and I have to start them again. Sometimes it just crash during normal use and it clearly mess up with windows manager (see other people reporting lagging issues).

Before sending your typical copy and paste answer... I did remove it and install it again (several times).
PLEASE GET BACK TO WORK AND FIX THIS SOFTWARE!

6 REPLIES 6

liOS
Star III

I don't think a reset will solve anything. The issue was there since day one. I suggest you to read carefully this thread: https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenbook/ux581gv-9980kh-version-video-lag-artefacts-with-video-and/td-p/3...

There are a ton of problems with this app as pointed out by @Liviu and I believe the main conflict is between ScreenXpert and windows manager.

This is by far the coolest (and most expensive) laptop I ever owned, and it is sad to realize that is impossible to take fully advantage of the hardware due to crappy software/drivers.
I'm a tech savvy user so I can manage to trick the app so it won't affect the performance too much too often. However I imagine that most of the owners of ALL dual screen models are actually running very underperforming machines.

Considering also the lack of support and you guys asking people to try this and that in all your answers, it seems that you are not interested in addressing the issue.
I may end up selling the laptop and abandon this forum.

Ciao.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.