gregpeeters94
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Screenpad shows nothing
Model: UX434F
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I've just bought this laptop today and when i started it up and installed al the drivers i wanted to try out the screenpad. As said in the instructions for the screenpad, i hit the F6-key to switch to screenpad mode. The touchpad started to light up and windows acted like i connected another screen. But that was it! So when switching to screenpad mode the touchpad doesn't work anymore(as it should i guess) but it stays on a blank screen. I've tried installing different apps from the microsoft store (ScreenXpert, Screenpad Toolbar) but none of them fixes the issue. So i just have a light up little screen without anything on it when switching to screenpad mode. The pc works fine without it but since its a feature i would like it to work. Anyone has any idea on what to do? Feel free to ask for more info.
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello gregpeeters94, May I know the process of how you set up? Was there any new OS installed? After you turn on the device , which driver/app did you install first and so on.... If there is a video or a screenshot of what happened after you press F6, would be very helpful. Thank you so much.

gregpeeters94
Star I
Last edited by gregpeeters94 on 2019/9/20 17:10 I just setup windows like normal after unboxing it. I continued by installing some programs like chrome and office 365, it also prompted me to update the nvidia graphics drivers so i did. After that i tried setting up the screenpad but it didn't seem to work so i thought it might have been windows updates. I continued by installing windows updates but it still didn't work. I tried recording it but it doesn't show it very well. The screenpad just brightens up a bit but nothing else comes up. [YT=width=420 height=315,align=left]6bN1A1rm-rs[/YT] Feel free to let me know , thanks in advance.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
gregpeeters94 posted on 2019/9/20 17:06 I just setup windows like normal after unboxing it. I continued by installing some programs like ch ...
gregpeeters94, Thank you so much for your reply. May I know if you to "touchpad mode" is it able to be used? Also, if switch to "screenpad mode" then press WIN+P then chose "Duplicate" will the screenpad show your desktop?

asdkj_sada1
Star I
Hello, I've bought the zenbook flip 15 and have the very same problem as gregpeeters94, did any of you find a solution in the end?  thanks