gszkop
Star III
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: OLED screen quality
Model: Asus Zenbook Pro Duo
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

I bought Zenbook Pro Duo and the first thing that caught my eye was the uneven backlight of the screen. When displaying e.g. 5% gray, using a video on YouTube at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi4Wy7vE8-o&t=124s and reducing the screen backlight, you can see a large unevenness in the brightness of the backlight. I will point out that the problems I describe can be seen best in a dark room, when working during the day the problems are not visible or are very poorly visible.
48 REPLIES 48

braintheboss
Star I
gszkop posted on 2019/11/11 23:24 write after receiving and checking.  You didn't ask what exactly they did?
RMA info in web is basic. They only told repair is finished. But they don't explained anything. I think explanation will be at laptop with a paper. My fgf have an Asus and when we had do RMA was in this way

braintheboss
Star I
Sometimes service center employeer haven't enough qualification. They didn't do anything because they can't replicate problem. I never thought press YouTube link is difficult. At the end answer was about screenpad. It's clear they don't know read too. I returned laptop to Amazon. My patience with Asus ended. Really if they don't want customer money its ok

braintheboss
Star I
I have original box with all accessories. If somebody is interested send me PM. I can sell it for a fair price

exzenpro
Star I
Last edited by joloriquelme on 2019/11/16 21:09 Apparently, this is "normal" with Touch OLED 4K screens. I read somewhere that a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 new user with a Touchscreen 4K OLED has the same "mesh" or "grill" problem. He ask for a refund because of this. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X1-Extreme-Gen-2-laptop-screen-issue... Matt, october 18: https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31168-lenovo-thinkpad-x1-extreme-gen2-review/comment-page-1/#comment...

braintheboss
Star I
Last edited by braintheboss on 2019/11/17 11:44
joloriquelme posted on 2019/11/17 01:51 Apparently, this is "normal" with Touch OLED 4K screens. I read somewhere that a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 ...
I posted some links pointing that. I agree with lenovo user comment about nobody buy premium laptop for get 90's screen quality. Next year we will have more Zenbook Pro Duo options from other brands. Maybe if we have luck with new Renoir cpu. Looks ryzen 2 consumption is enough good for don't suffer throttling. A ryzen 3700x needs less 90w as max. In current Zenbook means you don't have throttling since cooling system can manage around 80w without problems I will wait new models for buy one. I will try avoid ASUS. Their repair center haven't qualification and are so expensive laptops for let decisions in incompetent staff