This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm thunderbolt 3

Xamer007
Star I
I ask for help in finding a solution to the problem of connecting an external Samsung LS34A650UBIXCI monitor to an asus zenbook pro duo 15 ux582zm laptop.

The essence of the problem is as follows: when connecting via thunderbolt, the image is not displayed on the monitor, although a cable Internet connection appears immediately, etc. The message appears:
Display connection may be limited
Make sure the DisplayPort device you are connecting to is supported by your computer.
Moreover, my wife’s laptop Asus zenbook Ux435e, when the cable was connected, everything started right away! Image, Internet, etc.
40 REPLIES 40

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Xamer007 

Advices from Microsoft:

USB4 device functionality might be limited

Make sure the USB4 device you're connecting to is supported by your PC.

Try these solutionsPossible causes

• Make sure your PC supports USB4 to get the best experience from the attached USB4 device or dock.

• Make sure you use the cable provided by your device or dock manufacturer or a certified USB4 cable.

• Connect your USB4 device or dock directly to your PC or only to USB4 docks.

• Your device or dock supports USB4, but it's plugged into a port on your PC that doesn't support USB4. The attached device might have limited functionality because it's not using USB4.

• You're using a cable that doesn't support USB4.

• You're connecting your USB4 device or dock to a dock that doesn't support USB4. 

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Xamer007 

From the below information, it is possible that your nvidia drivers cause the issue:

USB C to DisplayPort issues after latest Nvidia driver update (2021 G14 RTX3060)

While updating to the latest drivers for the 3060 card (531.18), the screen on my external monitor went black while using a USB C to DisplayPort cable. The only way I can get the monitor to work with the display port cable is if I extend the displays but then I'd have the laptop screen on when I don't really have a use for it. Now when I connect a USB C to HDMI cable to the monitor it works fine, but I don't get to take advantage of gsync through it.

Anybody else come across this issue or have any tips on how to revert back to the previous drivers? 

Falcon_ASUS

@Xamer007 
Due to the Chinese New Year, I apologize for the delayed response. I have forwarded your situation to the relevant department for confirmation. If there are any updates, we will promptly inform you. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

FongPoui
Rising Star II

After searching for "thunderbolt 4 connect to external monitor thunderbolt 3", I found this from Intel:

What can you connect with Thunderbolt 4?

• Thunderbolt™ devices. Connect devices bearing the Thunderbolt™ logo, including docks, displays, storage, and video capture devices. Thunderbolt™ 3 devices and cables are compatible with Thunderbolt 4 ports. Older Thunderbolt devices will work too, but require an adapter.
  • External monitors. Connect multiple displays. One Thunderbolt 4 port can connect up to two 4K 60hz DisplayPort or HDMI monitors through a compatible dock or an adapter. Thunderbolt designated monitors can be connected directly.
  • Storage. Connect a high-speed external Thunderbolt™ SSD to expand the storage capacity of your system and achieve speeds on par with internal drives.
  • USB peripherals. Connect USB devices like mice, keyboards, controllers, and headsets for gaming.
  • PCI Express (PCIe) devices. Utilize a PCIe expansion chassis to access compatible PCIe devices, such as video capture devices for live-streaming gameplay.
  • Networking. Connect to a high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet network via an adapter or use a Thunderbolt cable to connect two computers over a peer-to-peer network. This allows for transferring large volumes of data from one PC to another, which is ideal when upgrading to a new system.
  • Charging. Connect your phone, a lightweight notebook PC (that requires less than 100W), and other compatible USB devices to charge them quickly.

"Older Thunderbolt devices will work too, but require an adapter", as your zenbook is 2x thunderbolt 4 supports Display (without PD (power delivery)), the problem would come from this fact. If you have a usb c hub with a port that supports Power delivery (power sent to your external monitor), I think that it would work.