Battery or AC:
Model: X512DA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hello all,
i have to rewrite my last theme, because it is lost after change the title.
Last week i bought a laptop Vivobook X512DA. The sellers, here in Asuncion in Paraguay, told me, this laptop has a "backlit keyboard". In the user manual, i see it is "optional" and i can switch it on with F7 key.
The F7-key have no keyboard symbol and i find no way to activate the backlight. All other is working well until today.
I have read a similar question here and give you the serial number for check.
SN: L9N0CV112025385
If this device have no backlight for the keyboard (i need it), what can i do? Is it possible to install it? For 3 month, because of the shop warranty, i can't open the device.
ps: my normal language is german, but in this ZenTalk forum there don't exist a loptop community.
many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay
7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Willi,
We would not suggest to change a keyboard from no backlight to having backlight.
And we do not support or instruct on this change. Hope you can understand.
Instead, maybe you can contact the seller to discuss about the spec that you expect, maybe they do have the backlight version for you.
Thank you.

Dear @Blake_ASUS,
i have read your answer and i am very disappointed. Here is my message to Matias from the seller in Asuncion.

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Notebook X512DA; ASUS Service No=N2101095447
Datum: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:53:34 -0300
Von: willi uebelherr
An: Matias Pereira
Kopie (CC): ServiceCenter_AM

Dear Matias,
you can see, also Blake_Asus, moderator in Asus ZenTalk Vivobook, is not able or it is forbidden for him to help us. Here the links and the last message from him.

X512DA backlight keyboard
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/44276/x512da-backlight-keyboard

Blake_Asus wrote:
"Hello Willi,
We would not suggest to change a keyboard from no backlight to having backlight.
And we do not support or instruct on this change. Hope you can understand.
Instead, maybe you can contact the seller to discuss about the spec that you expect, maybe they do have the backlight version for you.
Thank you."

But, it is true, the easiest way to solve the problem ist to change the device with one with keyboard backlight.

But the real problem are the Asus designers, because it is absolut stupid for such a keyboard layout in this color with this poorness of contrast of the labeling to distribute without keyboard backlight.

So, and now, what we can do? I am shure, that this device have a full functional backlight in the keyboard and only the drivers stop to run the ATK-Package. Maybe, the people from Asus Support Latin America, here Marco Antonio, can help us. He can help you and your technicans to activate the backlight. With or without the symbol on the F7-key.

If they don't help us, then you can delete the Asus entry of my request list for AllInOne PCs. Never i will buy any Asus system.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Willi,
For your opinion on the keyboard color, we appreciate your feedback and it is reported.
We have so many different X512, please refer to below link
the keyboard backlight is not at product or technical issue for your device, please do understand.
VivoBook 15 X512 - Tech Specs|For Home|Laptops |ASUS GlobalWe suggest and hope that your seller will change a device for you since you got a device that have the specification different from your expectation or what you have been told.
And again, the keybaord backlight can not be changed for your device.
Thank you.