Battery or AC: AC&Battery
Model: Vivobook Pro 14X
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
wifi-6.png
my computer is vivobook pro 14x and it has mediatekxxx wlancard. This wlancard supports wifi-6. My modem also supports Wifi-6. But when I connect to this modem with my laptop, I see that it is wifi-5, not wifi-6. When I connect to the same modem as my mobile phone; I see the Wifi-6 icon on my phone. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS
cedubal

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221991#Comment_221991

yep:) my router supports wifi-6. pls check Tp Link AX 1500

AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router

• Wi-Fi 6 Technology: Archer AX1500 comes equipped with the latest wireless technology, Wi-Fi 6, for faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion.
  • Next-Gen 1.5 Gbps Speeds: Archer AX1500 dual-band router reaches even faster speeds up to 1.5 Gbps (1201 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)*
  • Connect More Devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA and MU-MIMO

View post
@cedubal
May I know the result of removing the wireless network card driver and reinstalling it?
Or, if you connect your laptop with other APs that support Wi-Fi 6, will the situation be the same?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS
cedubal
  1. System: Win 11
  2. Battery or AC: AC&Battery
  3. Model: Vivobook Pro 14X
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

wifi-6.png

my computer is vivobook pro 14x and it has mediatekxxx wlancard. This wlancard supports wifi-6. My modem also supports Wifi-6. But when I connect to this modem with my laptop, I see that it is wifi-5, not wifi-6. When I connect to the same modem as my mobile phone; I see the Wifi-6 icon on my phone. Any suggestions?

Wi-Fi 6 Not Connected
@cedubal
Could you please tell me what model of laptop you are currently using?

How to find Model Name
Also, have you removed and reinstalled your wireless network card driver? 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

cedubal
Star I
Hi,
Its model M7400QC.307. Network card is working. Only the connection also does not appear wifi-6. instead it shows wifi-5. Should I still uninstall and reinstall the driver?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
cedubal

Hi,

Its model M7400QC.307. Network card is working. Only the connection also does not appear wifi-6. instead it shows wifi-5. Should I still uninstall and reinstall the driver?

View post
Check that your modem or router has supported wifi 6 protocal ?

cedubal
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221986#Comment_221986

Check that your modem or router has supported wifi 6 protocal ?

View post
yep:) my router supports wifi-6. pls check Tp Link AX 1500

AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router
Wi-Fi 6 Technology: Archer AX1500 comes equipped with the latest wireless technology, Wi-Fi 6, for faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion.
Next-Gen 1.5 Gbps Speeds: Archer AX1500 dual-band router reaches even faster speeds up to 1.5 Gbps (1201 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)*
Connect More Devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA and MU-MIMO