Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I have had my laptop for about 1.5 years and I am happy with it. I had something very unusual occur to this piece of hardware. Yesterday I was about 8 feet up on a piece of furniture trying to access a racking system filled with Networking equipment. My screwdriver fell and it hit the Mouse pad with a specific impact to the fingerprint scanning portion. Since then this portion of the device would rise to very high temp. My finger tips would burn and plastic from a candy wrapper would melt. I called tech support and they were escalating. I went into the device and I pulled the finer chip ribbon off the mother board. The issue is no longer happening.
2 REPLIES 2

Apin_ASUS
Hi Johnanau12:
Wish everything is all right, and you didn't get hurt . Is any damage or seriously burn condition what you mentioned?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.