This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VivoBook 14 Pro Power IC Replacement

maahir
Star I

Randomly in the middle of writing something my screen turned off, the power indicator was still on but no response from the screen or any other peripherals. Happened after plugging the AC adapter into an old-style outlet. Closed the lid and opened it, no change. Held the power button for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 40 seconds, 2 minutes, no change or response. I took it to a repair shop and they told me the problem is due to a faulty IC near the power supply, however, I read that Asus can’t fix power ICs unless they replace the entire motherboard, wondering if this is true? If it is, should I replace the entire motherboard or just buy a new laptop?

Prior to this, there were no other faults with the device, everything was up to date. 

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

Is your laptop still in warranty? 
May I know the full model name of the laptop you are using? 

My warranty expired in October 2022
The model name is K3400PH - Asus K3400PH-KM021T 

Indeed, our maintenance is to replace the entire motherboard module. 
If your laptop is out of warranty, you may have to pay for repairs
If the repair quotation is too expensive, I would suggest that you consider buying a new laptop.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.