Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracking noise from a Left side Hinge.

dgmyxy
Star I
System: Asus X412DA
Model: X412DA
Bought on - September 2020
Frequency of occurrence: Everytime when closing or opening the Display Lid.
========================
Detailed description:
I everyone i have no idea on how active this forum is... But the issue that i am facing is simply there is a cracking noise from my Vivobook when opening the Display lid from the left Hand side of the Hinge. I have no idea weather this is covered in the warranty considering how new the laptop is. The Lid has also became tight over period of time and maybe it can affect the display if the issue is worsened.
Can anyone please guide me on how to tackle this issue as i have sent the mail but they haven't replied till now.
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
dgmyxy
  1. System: Asus X412DA
  2. Model: X412DA
  3. Bought on - September 2020
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Everytime when closing or opening the Display Lid.

========================

Detailed description:

I everyone i have no idea on how active this forum is... But the issue that i am facing is simply there is a cracking noise from my Vivobook when opening the Display lid from the left Hand side of the Hinge. I have no idea weather this is covered in the warranty considering how new the laptop is. The Lid has also became tight over period of time and maybe it can affect the display if the issue is worsened.

Can anyone please guide me on how to tackle this issue as i have sent the mail but they haven't replied till now.

Cracking noise from a Left side Hinge.
possible causes are
hinge is broken
hinge tightened screws are loose.
or from other parts you may get noise.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello dgmyxy,
Please kindly bring the device to our service center to let it be examined physically.
Then our agent would be able to explain to you.
Thank you.