cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip (TP3402) battery drain problem after shut down

grgczyz
Star I

Dear Asus,

I have a problem with my new Asus S 14 flip. There is battery drain after shut down - around 5% per 5 days. After month and a half battery is fully discharged and laptop is unable to switch on. I have to connect it to charger to make it possible to switch it on.

I think it is against user manual in which we can find on p.13 in "Standard battery care" section:

"If you are not using your device for a long period of time, ensure to charge the battery power to 50% then power off your device and disconnect AC power adapter. Recharge the battery power to 50% every three months to avoid over-discharging prevent damage to the battery"

I can't follow this statement because after 1,5 month my battery is fully discharge.

Dear Asus  … I have two questions:

• Is it normal or my laptop is out of order and I should send it to local Asus service?
  • Have you got any standards of accepted battery drains after shut down? If yes then what is the highest accepted battery drain level?

PS All tests in MyAsus app are positive.

Best Regards,

Greg

19 REPLIES 19

Dear Falcon_ASUS,

Just to sum up ... 1% to 2% is considered acceptable by the Asus technical department, while 3% and above indicates a problem with the laptop. Did I understood you correctly?

Best Regards

Greg

@grgczyz
Yes, that's correct. Additionally, with the current laptop, when the battery is completely discharged, it will enter a protection mode. Please make sure not to go without charging or turning it on for more than six months. Thank you.

Dear Falcon_ASUS,

So you want to say that it is safe for battery to leave it fully dischargeed for 5-6 months??? (In my case laptop will discharge battery during a month) ... and Asus give the warranty that nothing will happen to battery during this 5 months?

Or

Better to follow laptop'suser manual in which we can read:

"If you are not using your device for a long period of time, ensure to charge the battery power to 50% then power off your device and disconnect AC power adapter. Recharge the battery power to 50% every three months to avoid over-discharging and prevent damage to the battery".

You know ... I just want to be sure to use my laptop correctly.

Best regards,

Greg

grgczyz
Star I

Falcon_ASUS ?

grgczyz
Star I

Dear Falcon_ASUS,

Any comment/advice?

I think it would be wiser to follow the Asus user manual, what is your opinion?

Best Regards,

Greg