Buggy software

n3bu
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ZS600KL
Firmware Version:1912.16
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Call OF Duty Mobile and Black dessert mobile
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Here is a video that proves my problem , this happened when playing, I got to close the app but the phone still failing , can't even restart it or shutdown ... practically can't use this phone anymore for playing, I clean all the data , factory reset , still the same problem !

15 REPLIES 15

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
I do not use any screen protectors and haven't used since I bought this phone. I am using ROG Phone 1. It happens when am gaming and when there's an intense battle going on. It is so frustrating. Also sometimes the trigger buttons gets stuck. I've given up on this phone. Just waiting for iPhone 12.

n3bu
Star II
CyberPunk2302

I do not use any screen protectors and haven't used since I bought this phone. I am using ROG Phone 1. It happens when am gaming and when there's an intense battle going on. It is so frustrating. Also sometimes the trigger buttons gets stuck. I've given up on this phone. Just waiting for iPhone 12.

View post
Yes.. exactly...my air trigger alsoo get stuck sometimes..I mostly use only the right one ...then I have to press the left several times so it comes back to normal...

SZENTI
Star I
n3bu

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:ZS600KL
  2. Firmware Version:1912.16
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Often
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Call OF Duty Mobile and Black dessert mobile

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Here is a video that proves my problem , this happened when playing, I got to close the app but the phone still failing , can't even restart it or shutdown ... practically can't use this phone anymore for playing, I clean all the data , factory reset , still the same problem !

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/845/T0ADR76TETR7.mp4

Buggy software
Hey. Similar stuff happened to me, aswell.
Phone kinda worked, but left to right and right to left swipes got disabled. Swiping up and down worked.
So it was not a touchscreen hardware issue like some other post suggests, kinda like your video.
For me, when i long pressed the poweroff, the phone kinda even failed to restart properly at that time.
Only got logo then black screen, android 9 never restarted properly.
I do admit i also did not power it off properly, as the middle of the touchscreen was not working... Long press poweroff 4tw.
It happened after latest update on android 9.
Had to press pwr+volume down. But got black screen on thoose times aswell.
I was also playing thoose 2 games.
It never hgappened again for me since though.
But now i clear cache more regulary now.
Especially since last time, when the phone ran out of RAM... and everything lagged.
It still launched apps, but they lagged sooo bad. Even camera app took 3m to launch, and after that it lagged.
Checked memory usage and got 99% average used, instead of the usual 60%.
Now i am it 80% average use, so soon it will need to reboot again... this is the 19th day of not rebooting it...
As of the "lateset" december 1 security update, that had several memory leak issues that got fixed by google in a later update that we never got. (though thoose might have been device specific, too lazy to regoogle)
Now i have to reboot weekly-ish in order to not get theese glitches.
It is the 5th month now in 2020, last update in march i would not call a proper "update".
Soo many "not confirmed on ASUS" vulnerabilities that is not yet a "fixed" vulnerability.
I do welcome the "Fixed the issue where the refresh rate setting cannot be changed after running games with different refresh rates."
They broke that one badly.
The security update from november to december, or whatever minor 2019 monthly bump they gave in 2020's 2nd quarter is laughable.
If we do not get Android 10, at least provide proper security and software updates guys!

SZENTI
Star I
If i would be a paranoid one, i would even assume somebody was using " SVE-2019-16013: Update arbitrary touch screen firmware" exploit on us... Lucky for us, it is a SAMSUNG issue, not verified on ASUS,like soo many others...
Even the zenfone 5 is getting a confirmation on android 10, and i could have bought 5 of thoose, instead of "the"1 ROG PHONE.
In price, that is, i would miss the air triggers and the 90hz, but nothing else.

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Unfortunately nobody at @asus cares about the issues. This phone is complete nightmare.