This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applications would require wifi connection during ethernet connection.

Zsolt
Star III
Firmware/App Version: 15.1630.1903.89
Frequency of Occurrence: Lte
App Name: Google play store and mail

Last edited by hzsolt87 on 2019/6/25 10:18 Hello My problem is that when I'm connected to the Internet with a professional dock ethernet port, some applications still require wifi connection such as Google play store if I want to update my applications or email notifications. The data saver mode is on which shouldn't be a problem because I'm not connected to a mobile network. Another issue After using the dock I remove the phone and if I leave all cables connected to the dock including power also, then the dock simply freeze the wifi. I tried 2 different wifi, but the same effect. If I pull out the power source then everything will be fine. This latter is not a huge problem It's just unpleasant that I always have to go back upstairs if I forget to turn it off because otherwise the WiFi don't work. If I plug in the dock without the phone then is no problem . This error only occurs if I disconnect the phone from the dock. Thank you in advance for your help!
3 REPLIES 3

Zsolt
Star III
for example, Messenger sometimes.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi hzsolt87, For the first issue, do you mean it is unable to use ethernet and wifi at the same time? After using the dock I remove the phone and if I leave all cables connected to the dock including power also, then the dock simply freeze the wifi. --> Sorry, we're afraid we do not quite understand "the dock simply freeze the wifi". Do you mean you are unable to use the WiFi on your phone? Could you tell us how you connected the Pro dock and how this happens step by step? Thank you for your help 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
hzsolt87 posted on 2019/6/26 11:46 for example, Messenger sometimes.
Hi hzsolt87, Our tech team has confirmed that when ethernet is connected, ethernet will be recognized as the main internet and the phone will not be connected to WiFi, which is an Android design. Thank you. 🙂