Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video/Voice Call Uses Speaker Instead Of Earphones

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Strix Edition
Firmware Version: Android 9
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any app that has VC (discord, messenger, etc.)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So whenever I use any app that has VC, it always uses the speaker instead of the earphones. My earphones work perfectly well. I use an IOS 3.5mm earphones and ROG Cetra Core, which none has kind of defect or issue. Please help me, it's been driving me insane since there are no solutions anywhere I can find.
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
vargasjamesandrey

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2 Strix Edition
  2. Firmware Version: Android 9
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Any app that has VC (discord, messenger, etc.)

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So whenever I use any app that has VC, it always uses the speaker instead of the earphones. My earphones work perfectly well. I use an IOS 3.5mm earphones and ROG Cetra Core, which none has kind of defect or issue. Please help me, it's been driving me insane since there are no solutions anywhere I can find.

Video/Voice Call Uses Speaker Instead Of Earphones
Have you thought about uprgading to Android 10 as it is unlikely you will get any fixes under Android 9?
Do you get earphones/headphones icon appear in the notification when you are connected bar?
You mentioned only VC, does this happen when you do screen record with the earphones/headphones attached?

I recently downgraded since I thought it might be an Android 10 problem.

And yes, there's an earphones icon. In fact I can hear spotify thru the earphones and whenever I join a discord voice chat, the call always come from the speaker and doesn't use the earphones.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@vargasjamesandrey
Are you still experiencing this issue?