sordeliel
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:12gb/512Gb (US To Canada)
Firmware Version: latest after battery consumption fix
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubles hooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
================t ========================
So, I have one major problem with the phone ; the touchscreen does act weird. I have 2 video showing the issue but I have yet to upload them. Here's the issue ; it act randomly and press or slide whenever it want, causing spontaneous up scrolling, inaccurate touch detection and very hard to use. It does not always happens, but when it does it doesn't stop. I have this phone since it came out and there were no problems until recently, maybe a month or two. Restarting sometime fix the problem.
4 REPLIES 4

Melqui
Zen Master I
Mee too. Ghost touch screen (sometimes) after new update .49. Never had before.

sordeliel
Star III
Hello again, I've just uploaded some videos of exemples. I would like to add that this happens only when I have my finger on screen.
I can't upload the other video since it's more than 50 mo.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sordeliel

Hello again, I've just uploaded some videos of exemples. I would like to add that this happens only when I have my finger on screen.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/Z1GAW31Z5S51/2020-09-29-18-22-13.mp4

I can't upload the other video since it's more than 50 mo.

View post
Severe ghost touch like this must be due to either a screen protector or hardware issue with the display. If it was software, then we would have threads and threads from multiple users complaining about this. Especially since it's a gaming phone.
I recommend you to contact your local support so they can have a look at your display

Not applicable
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120536#Comment_120536

Severe ghost touch like this must be due to either a screen protector or hardware issue with the display. If it was software, then we would have threads and threads from multiple users complaining about this. Especially since it's a gaming phone.

I recommend you to contact your local support so they can have a look at your display

View post
See i have the same issue, only difference is that it only happens on certain spots on screen and only while charging.