This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU CAP AT 2.42GHZ

Jerrywan
Star II
hi. 855+ means we are able to go beyond the 2.8 until 2.96Ghz(OC). Why am i see the max freq CPU go upnto 2.42 only. Xmode adjusted to the hardcore setting and put on my aerofan but its still limited to 2.42ghz.
17 REPLIES 17

nemesis_vd
Star III
C79JYC08NFLB.png
I checked the max frequency on CPU load using RealPi Benchmark and the single core cluster does reach 2.96GHz. The application you are using or the game you are running might be GPU intensive rather than CPU and hence it does not push the CPU to 2.96GHz.

Jerrywan
Star II
For China Rom (I think WW Rom will also follow suit, just there's lag in updates)
1) Last time when just launched, there is no cap of 2.42 GHz, once use X-mode can unleash the beast.. (with or w/o fan)
2) After some update (probably a mth ago), the X-mode were capped at 2.42 GHz, with or without fan..
3) there is a latest update/upcoming update (just few days ago from Baidu Forum) (*Not all phone will get updated at the same time, as Asus launch update by phases), if you use AeroFan with X-mode, can go to 2.92 GHz.
国行最新版本192,之前版本一直锁核2.42,这次更新192
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6306460478

Jerrywan
Star II
Mybe related to kernel..

Jerrywan
Star II
nemesis.vd

C79JYC08NFLB.png

I checked the max frequency on CPU load using RealPi Benchmark and the single core cluster does reach 2.96GHz. The application you are using or the game you are running might be GPU intensive rather than CPU and hence it does not push the CPU to 2.96GHz.

View post
U r on the latest firmware 1910? Bcoz im still on 1908.