This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog phone 2 Android 10 issues

akashvarshney00
Star III
There are a lot of things that changed my phone's experience after the A10 update.
1. The phone now overheats while charging using the 30 Watt adapter as well as 18 Watt adapter.
2. Gaming performance reduced a lot specifically Pubg where frame drops and desync is now. Becoming a normal behaviour, checked the wifi and it's stable. The phone overheats while keeping the graphic settings to High, anti- aliasing also was disabled.
3. Ran Geekbench score after updating to A10 and see my score, you will be shocked and it even lists below One plus 6.
I am reporting these issues within not even a week of upgrade but this is important to report as this phone is still with a lot of bugs after updating to Android 10
0FN79WCNRZW4.jpg
9M0VQI4VR26G.jpg

64 REPLIES 64

I just used the official downgrade package and installed android 9. Honestly, android 10 is really bad!
I tested the antutu benchmark it was around 4 lakhs. That's it! Not even 4.1 lakhs! Which is very very low compared to the original score of 5 lakhs!
Animations are a bit smooth not gonna lie, but then there is this heating issue! Even in normal day to day usage phone heats jussst a little bit! But in android 9 its cold af!
And obviously sot is not that great either, I noticed that while playing pubg and asphalt 9!
I just got frustrated and reinstalled android 9. And when I tested again, guess what, antutu score is 4.9 lakhs! Around 5 lakhs which is amazing! My beast is back!
To all the gamers out there, install android 9 from the official firmware page of asus if you want that godly performance back! Otherwise if you want some good features of android 10 but with a bit of a downside then enjoy! Your choice!

Xavvyro
Star I
C78FFV4BDQ5U.jpg
Z9UB1VUMR51B.jpg
This is the Antutu benchmark (android 9 vs android 10) results on Rog Phone II 8/128, Room/Ambient Temperature: 26°C, Phone Surface Temperature: 34°C (Measured with infrared thermometer)
I also have no fps stuttering issues, call quality is great, also no battery draining issues or overheating issues in daily usage

Chhandama
Star II
It seems that Asus isn't just the gamers phone it has promised to be. iPhone will always be the top no matther what. I'm selling this phone.

OPC
Zen Master II
Here is my test for comparison. To me it looks pretty good. This is on A10. I didn't do it on A9. Global 12/512 version.
6EJ8CUFJXFC1.jpg

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
After updating to android 10 even the lesser GPU demanding games are lagging like crazy. I even tried factory resetting my phone but the phone is still lagging. I have the 12/512 GB variant btw.
Z4B42BY9HPVZ.jpg