This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone restarting when sim inserted

I recently bought the ROG Phone 6 Batman edition and the phone works fine until I put my sim into it.
When the sim is inserted, the phone comes up with 'factory data resetting' and then restarts. Then comes up with an error saying 'Can't load Android system. Your data may be corrupt, If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory reset and erase all user data stored on this device.' I have the option to try again or factory data reset. I have reset it a few times and it seems ok. As long as the sim is in before I reset it the phone will work fine but if the phone restarts for some reason after it has been reset then the issue starts again and I have to reset the phone again. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?? any advice would be greatly appreciated
11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
I believe this is a new one.
So what youre saying is, if you factory reset your phone with the sim card and set everything up itll work fine, but the moment you have to restart the phone, it will tell you "Can't load Android system"?
@Mattias_ASUS No idea what this is, but sounds funky.

Danishblunt

I believe this is a new one.

So what youre saying is, if you factory reset your phone with the sim card and set everything up itll work fine, but the moment you have to restart the phone, it will tell you "Can't load Android system"?

@Mattias_ASUS No idea what this is, but sounds funky.

View post
Yep that's what happens ☹️. Not sure if it's a phone issue or a sim issue but the sim works fine in my old phone.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
chosen_paradox

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/237757#Comment_237757

Yep that's what happens ☹️. Not sure if it's a phone issue or a sim issue but the sim works fine in my old phone.

View post
given the horrible state of the Rog6, its most certanly a Rog6 issue. Could you check if your phone has a small bend? just lay it on a flat table and see if it bends slightly, I suspect flex damage.

I can't see a bend and I tried rocking it but couldn't feel any movement.