cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 6 - General Discussion Thread

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Hi all,
We are only a couple of days (!) away from the ROG phone 6 launch event. General discussion threads will be removed moving forward and you are kindly asked to use this thread if you want to discuss the ROG Phone 6 with other Zentalk users.
Post-launch, please refrain from using this thread to highlight technical issues, bugs or sales-related topics, as this thread exists for general discussion purposes only. If you want to highlight an issue, please create a separate thread and our moderator staff will assist you further.
As always, keep it clean and be respectful. The thread will be moderated accordingly and posts that break our community rules will be removed. If you spot any bad behavior in this thread, or any other thread on Zentalk, please notify me or another moderator on our staff.
GL HF! ❤️

ROG Phone 6 | Launch Event | ROG
55 REPLIES 55

FunBike31
Community Legend I
1- No, no minimum power, avoid a charger (or usb pc) which delivers less than 10W in bypass, it will not be enough and the phone will also use battery to complete. on the 888 I need 18-20w
There is no downside to using the original 65W charger as a bypass, the phone only asks for what it needs. from 0.8A to 1.8A depending on the application according to my USB analyzer

2- Completely different, the charge limit stops the request to the charger when the battery is at 80% or 90%
Bypass powers the phone bypassing the battery
A battery maintained at 100% deteriorates faster, little difference between 80 and 90% and even 95%, 80% is too low when I leave the house, 90% is a good value between capacity and long-term wear.

3 - 45° is already a lot and should be avoided, the warning is around 60° but the damage is done
(Workers have cut the fiber :(, I have a lot of time to catch up, I will post graphs later on these temperatures and different situations of premature wear)

Bug (maybe?): not maybe, that's for sure and it's too long to list (Rog 5)
The charger and/or the rog does not seem to correctly initialize the dialogue with the charger(s) (randomly) depending on the previous state, you have to unplug, replug, sometimes turn off the screen (standby) or even turn off the phone to have the right dialogue and the expected load. (Normally unplugging/replugging the charger is a reliable solution if it is easily accessible). I always have a USB controller between the charger and the phone, it allows to control in real time and not to throw the ROG5 out the window seeing that it is at 0% when leaving the house.

Your temperatures seem normal to me, the temperature in France is about the same (south, today 33°) it becomes critical around 34-35° ambient.

my phones on an inclined support at home, when it is these temperatures I use a cooler ice pack -20° placed on the support and a thin non-slip mat on it to put the phones, 2H30 of tranquility

I also have intensive home/office use, one of the reasons for the ROG 5 was to bypass charging without worrying about ADB commands or not forgetting to charge the meters 2 hours before going for a walk (otherwise the duration of my batteries do not exceed 15-18 months)

nsanedown
Star III
Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?
I've seen some unboxing videos but none touch on that subject.

The_Hames
Star III
FunBike31

1- No, no minimum power, avoid a charger (or usb pc) which delivers less than 10W in bypass, it will not be enough and the phone will also use battery to complete. on the 888 I need 18-20w

There is no downside to using the original 65W charger as a bypass, the phone only asks for what it needs. from 0.8A to 1.8A depending on the application according to my USB analyzer

2- Completely different, the charge limit stops the request to the charger when the battery is at 80% or 90%

Bypass powers the phone bypassing the battery

A battery maintained at 100% deteriorates faster, little difference between 80 and 90% and even 95%, 80% is too low when I leave the house, 90% is a good value between capacity and long-term wear.

3 - 45° is already a lot and should be avoided, the warning is around 60° but the damage is done

(Workers have cut the fiber :(, I have a lot of time to catch up, I will post graphs later on these temperatures and different situations of premature wear)

Bug (maybe?): not maybe, that's for sure and it's too long to list (Rog 5)

The charger and/or the rog does not seem to correctly initialize the dialogue with the charger(s) (randomly) depending on the previous state, you have to unplug, replug, sometimes turn off the screen (standby) or even turn off the phone to have the right dialogue and the expected load. (Normally unplugging/replugging the charger is a reliable solution if it is easily accessible). I always have a USB controller between the charger and the phone, it allows to control in real time and not to throw the ROG5 out the window seeing that it is at 0% when leaving the house.

Your temperatures seem normal to me, the temperature in France is about the same (south, today 33°) it becomes critical around 34-35° ambient.

my phones on an inclined support at home, when it is these temperatures I use a cooler ice pack -20° placed on the support and a thin non-slip mat on it to put the phones, 2H30 of tranquility

I also have intensive home/office use, one of the reasons for the ROG 5 was to bypass charging without worrying about ADB commands or not forgetting to charge the meters 2 hours before going for a walk (otherwise the duration of my batteries do not exceed 15-18 months)

View post
Do you mean the surface temperature or internal temperature?

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Battery temperature, Armory create only displays the system temperature, you need to take some benchmarks to assess the temperature of the batteries when Armory create gives you a temperature, use Aida64 with different conditions, example, 2 ambient temperature, 30min of games , with and without Aerocooler.
On the Rog 5 with AeroCooler, 1h average games (No Gensing), ambient <=30°, battery temp = System + 5° approximately

alphaone268
Star II
nsanedown

Does it come with a pre-installed screen protector?

I've seen some unboxing videos but none touch on that subject.

View post
No - it does not.
The Hames

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224715#Comment_224715

Do you mean the surface temperature or internal temperature?

View post
I've been talking about the system temp - that should be the internal temperature, I guess.