waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've used the Rog 6 for about 1 week, here's my review so far.

1. Battery life is amazing. Noticeably better than the Rog 5, maybe around 10 -15% better.
2. The speakers are good but missing the punchy bass compared to the Rog 5. Maybe it can be improved with a software update? I don't know because apparently the speaker hardware is significantly different to the Rog 5
3. Temperature is noticeably higher than the Rog 5. It's not majorly different but still noticeabe. For example, with normal use like texting web browsing, my rog 5 goes to maximum 31 degrees, the Rog 6 goes to approx 34-35 degrees (same room temperature, same environment temperature)
4. For some odd reason, settings made with app battery settings (restricting background apps) get reverted if you restart the phone. This bug was also present with A12 on ROG 5
5. The phone is super fast & smooth, no lag or stutter.
6. Call quality is brilliant.
7. A12 takes some getting used to, the whole UI is different. I would much prefer A12 on the Rog 6 but sadly A12 is the absolute minimum you can have as the software.
8. Camera quality is OK. Nothing special.
9. Charging speed is amazing. Charges very fast.
10. Signal strength is solid. 3g/4g is blazing fast. Haven't tried 5g as not in a 5g area.

Overall, a decent experience but definitely doesn't feel like a complete phone. More software updates are definitely needed but even still, the bugs present should have been ironed out before release. The speakers definitely need to be atleast on the same level as ROG 5 or at the very least better. The temperature needs some adjusting too.
Do not go for the Tencent edition with global ROM installed, you will be left with a permanent "hardware stub" notification which will show a warning about incorrect OS. Can't be removed no matter what. If you're going to buy this phone, buy the one that matches your region. Even still, wait until the aforementioned bugs have been fixed. This phone has potential but as things stand, it needs some improvements.
48 REPLIES 48

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

@waxy78611

Do not forget that the tests are carried out with the firmware version when they received the phone, the Rog5 had amazed everyone, including me for the excellence of the bass, a shot of equalizer to compensate for the deep voices and c was perfect.

The speakers of the Rog5 completely broken by a firmware never found this frequency curve and playing with the equalizer cuts out and saturates quickly on my rog5.

View post
Jep, lucky for Rog3 users on release sound was weird, fixed later on and rog3 is probably the best sounding rog phone with firmware up 2 date.

Taskman
Star III
The most important factor when it comes to sound is which one produces the best over BT, especially with LL support. That and the DAC for 3.5mm so you have absolutely no lag (distinguishably).
Speakers on a phone is "ok" at best but can never replace headphones fully, just compliment it on rare occasions

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Taskman

The most important factor when it comes to sound is which one produces the best over BT, especially with LL support. That and the DAC for 3.5mm so you have absolutely no lag (distinguishably).

Speakers on a phone is "ok" at best but can never replace headphones fully, just compliment it on rare occasions

View post
I have to completely disagree there. Bluetooth is irrelevant since it depends greatly on the headphones used and what codecs are present on the phone rather than the phone itself. LL support is overrated, since as you mentioned, if you want LL youd go wired anyways.
I used to think the same way, however once you have proper sounding speakers it changes. I have found myself using my Rog3 as a radio a lot since the speakers are loud and sound full. Infact everytime I'm cooking, having my phone in a corner making music for the entire kitchen is now common practice for me and if I had to downgrade that I'd be upset. Also the experience when gaming on the phone is just so much better with proper speakers.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.