This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

Hi Mattias, 

I just updated and initially it was working. But now when I open my camera app, the front camera button is missing again. Please advise. 

I have forwarded this issue to R&D, I will send you a PM in case more information is needed 🙂

Thanks Mattias, looking forward to the reply. It's been causing me a lot of problems.

Hi Mattias, it's been 2 weeks. C'mon I need a solution.... I can't be using this phone without a front camera, this is ridiculous..

Camera isue not solve. Camera still blurr