Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Wifi-Hotspot Not Working

freakingrocky
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version: Android 11 (18.0840.2106.86)
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
========================================
So my wifi & wifi-hotspot suddenly stopped working. They won't turn on at all (the hotspot says Error when I try turning it on from this screen). I tried booting into safe mode (doesn't work there also). Tried restarting it several times. Not sure what to do anymore. I don't wanna lose data so if you know how to fix this, Let me know.
screenshot-20210725-205943713.jpg

515 REPLIES 515

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ig NxVeM

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185187#Comment_185187

Edit : As per sources the persist partition could be destroyed not that sure as Asus hasn't confirmed anything

View post
This does not hold water, there is only one user who posted a screen which could indicate that his partition would be damaged and of course the boot does not go to the end, nothing to do with Wifi.

To date, there has been no official communication from Qualcomm, Xiaomi, Asus or even Samsung on the cause of this defect.

The known and certified facts are as follows,
There was an extremely important shortage of components due to Covid-19, (lack of personnel, plant closure, etc.) when new production lines were needed for the 888 5nm.
The first series of Snapdragon 888 made by Samsung and installed on the Xiaomi Mi 11 immediately presented an overheating issue and a critical security flaw.
 Qualcomm called on TSMC to also produce the Snapdragon 888s in addition to Samsung, which had to review its defective 5nm manufacturing process.
Until this is resolved, the Snapdragon 870 (7nm) has been produced and Motorola, OnePlus, OPPO, iQOO, Xiaomi and a few others have released new smartphones with this chip.
My speculation is that Asus had the first deliveries of 888s which came from Samsung and that the affected smartphones were delivered mainly to India, in support many also complained of a significant heat which was difficult to bear, symptoms that we did not have. not in europe, but the rog 5s were available several months later.
This is only a hypothesis, as I do not understand the almost absence of cases on Tencent models which I believe were available very early on.

ig_NxVeM
Star III
My phone after a few days of wifi issue
img-20210909-230015.jpg
Asus OP in the chat

i_liftking
Star III
ig NxVeM

My phone after a few days of wifi issue

img-20210909-230015.jpg

Asus OP in the chat

View post