Thakur207
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 5s
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.139
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):All
I was playing game when suddenly phone hanged and restarted. Since then the phone is not connecting to wifi. When I start wifi it shows its "turning on" but never does.

This seems to a reoccurring issue as seen on this forum. What's the fix for it?
=================
=======================

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Thakur207 .
It is recommended that you refer to the link below for troubleshooting the Wi-Fi related issue.
[Phone/Pad] What to do if my phone won't connect to a Wi-Fi network? | Official Support | ASUS Globa...Meanwhile, please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you!

petergroft29
Star II

Step 1: Check settings & restart
Make sure Wi-Fi is on. Then turn it off and on again to reconnect. Learn how to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Make sure the Airplane mode is off. Then turn it on and off again to reconnect. Learn how to enable and disable Airplane mode.
Press your phone's power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Restart .If you don't see "Restart," press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, until your phone restarts.

Step 2: Find the problem type
Phone: Try connecting to the Wi-Fi network with another device, like a laptop computer or friend's phone. If other devices can use the network, the problem is most likely with your phone.
Network: Check whether your phone can connect to another Wi-Fi network, like at a friend's house or a public network. If your phone can connect elsewhere, the problem is most likely with the network.
Internet: If your phone connects to the Wi-Fi network but you still have no internet, the problem is most likely with your internet connection.

Regards,
Peter

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.