ROG5 WI-FI & Mobile hotspot issue

Shivam_G
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG5
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.128
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not related to any app.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was on call & my phone was connected to WIFI suddenly it switched Off and when I restarted it the WIFI wasn't turning ON. I have restarted my device "N" nos. of time but no luck. I wasn't using WIFI much but from last 1 months I was using it daily & this device "WIFI died".
I connected to Asus support chat & they provided me 2 troubleshooting process. Following are the details:
On calculator type ".12345+=" and tap on "single test" then perform "WIFI Test"; by doing this process there was an error.
Restarted the device on "SAFE MODE" & checked the WIFI but it didn't work.
My warranty expired in last week & now this issue came. I have submitted my device at service center but they didn't clarify whether it will be on chargeable basis or free of cost, they will update me Quotation by call or mail after discussing with ASUS. Also, they (service center representative) said If they repair it for free then It will be one time repair & there won't be any guarantee on the repair, if this issue came again then I will have to pay.

I have checked for this issue on internet & found this issue is very common in the ROG5 phones.
7 REPLIES 7

Shivam_G
Star III
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS Kindly help me here & please explain the reason of this issue. As per my search & knowledge it's an motherboard issue & it's ASUS manufacturing defect.

Shivam_G
Star III
Are you guys kidding me??? Seriously??? The price for fixing this motherboard is more than cost of device itself.
I'm furious about this.
Why I have to pay for your manufacturing defect? This is very common problem in this device & even ASUS know it. I have attached the quotation.
Is there any ASUS representative who can help me here????

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, Shivam G.
Could you kindly provide the serial number and RMA number in the PM inbox?
I will check up the repair record of your phone to assist you furthe.
Thank you.

willjoe2442
Star III

To do this, go to "Settings", then "Additional settings" and "Application management". Then search for "Wi-Fi settings", then press "Clear cache

Regards,

Will