This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5s pro do not have rear touch after going for repair

vamsikrisna
Star III
My ROG Phone 5s Pro was over heating and had low battery life from the beginning. When I gave it to the service center the first time, they said they replaced battery and gave it back in 3 days. I doubt if they did anything except for downgrading the firmware. After few days of using again with low battery life the phone died while in sleep the day before it was to be submitted for the repair. This time they said that they had to replace the motherboard and took 15 days. Unfortunately I lost my data. The original issue with the battery still remains and also the rear touch slide is not working anymore and is not even shown in the settings. The battery takes in only 2800 mAh while measured using usb volt and ammeter.
screenshot-20221121-235724806.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

vamsikrisna
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/241043#Comment_241043

Yes, to see the progress and the charging time, but hey, that won't fix it and given the incompetence of your service center as well as the honesty strongly questioned *, a 3rd intervention does not seem to be the right one solution, put pressure on ASUS to obtain a standard exchange.

*battery replacement

The connection between the 2 batteries is not ensured by a removable connector, a new battery includes the 2 elements connected by a welded flat cable.

Hard to imagine that the firmware of the battery does not go into default and delivers a power supply with one battery ok and the other dead, it must integrate a very important load balancing function for safety.

To remove any ambiguity and not to accuse wrongly, it's quite simple to know if the 2 elements are worn to 50% or if there is only one element in service (new battery with disconnected cable)

Remember the time of a game when the device was new, example 5h

If the 2 batteries are worn out, at 50% they are dead, the same game will never reach 2.50h

If the cable no longer connects the batteries but they are new and only one works, this time should be close to 2.50h.

View post
I am getting SOT of 4.5 hrs to 5 hrs with game on for 2hrs. The phone charges from 0- 100% while taking only 2800mAh. The phone Bluetooth audio is breaking continuously now after these repairs. I filed a case in consumer forum now.

vamsikrisna
Star III
Update*Bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Jiaszzz_ASUS
Hello, vamsikrisna.
Please kindly check and confirm the updated response that I PM.
Thank you.

vamsikrisna
Star III
@FunBike31 sorry to indulge you, is it normal to get 4hrs screen time for this phone? Mod says that it is normal since it is normal since it takes less in idle with out sim.
screenshot-20221213-011945995.jpg

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Okay, not really happy to see so many users in the mess and such incompetence that it would be necessary to set up a -10 +10 rating because putting zero would be inappropriate.
His answer does not surprise me after that of Wifi, it is logical that the mobile/GSM service which stopped after boot, not finding a SIM, consumes battery!
We'll do without him, what do you think 🙂
In summary, your device is working well with these 2 batteries connected, the last rough slope confirms it and it also confirms that they are 50% worn, the charge goes from 45 to 15% in about 30 min (the graph at a scale too long to estimate more precisely), this brutal descent would have been smooth even with a single new battery.
2 remarks
2 battery software do more harm than good
ACCUBattery, the November version is full of bugs, anyway I don't like it, promising 200% more is a lie as shameless as ASUS promising top performance on ROGs.
GURU Battery, it didn't recognize 2-battery systems a few months ago, the latest December version finally seems to take 2-battery into account but it's too recent to be bug-free. I also see that it hasn't improved on battery consumption, the worst for a battery management app 🙂
In my opinion the 2 are to be uninstalled, post a screen of the capacity they estimated, it should be quite correct.