This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog phone 5 compatibility with cellular operator.

CraCKerO
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I005DA
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello
I am trying to get information about my Rog Phone 5's cellular network, I checked spec page in rog.asus.com but looks like there are many versions from A to H but I don't know which one mine is. Is there any way to find out which one is mine because I couldn't find any relevant information in the FAQ.
I live in Japan, I have KDDI/au cellular operator, I moved my SIM card from my old phone to the new one, I was able to get cellular data working but unable do phone calls, I get "Mobile network not available" when trying to call someone. I went to operator they checked my SIM card and plan validity they confirmed that everything is working fine from their part, so I thought it's possibility the incompatibility between my Rog Phone and their network.
Can Someone help me solve this issue please.
11 REPLIES 11

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
I have this information for KDDI au (Did we check that the Rog phone 5 is approved for them?)
This carrier only accepts approved devices on its network.
Even if a device supports some or all of the required frequencies for this carrier, it will not be able to connect unless the device is approved for this network. Check with the network operator to confirm whether a device is approved or not.
There is no such restriction for NTT Docomo and Softbank
there is no way to verify the A-H version of your phone by a user. Only Qualcomm has software to check the modem and full frequencies, a user can just see the active frequency bands.
But for this specific case of telephony that does not work with KDDI, it would be useful to do a test by inserting an NTT Docomo or Softbank SIM in your rog 5

Note: FCC ID is only required in the United States, the rog phone 5 for this country must be the FCC ID MSQ-I005D / I005DC
For other countries it may be the last letter of ASUS_I005D written on the box which could indicate the model of the frequency bands, example France, ASUS_ID005DA

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Check it with cpu z

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Hello,
I005DA is compatible in Japan,
KDDI uses voice telephony exclusively in VoLTE
it should use CDMA2000 but it seems that it is already stopped (this was planned in 2022)
You will have to get closer to Asus support to find out if it is VoLTE compatible with Japanese operators, but I'm afraid I already know the answer 😞

search with google "at the OPEN DEVICE DEVELOPER SITE"
The ROG 5 is well KDDI approved but I don't know how the telephony was tested !!, it is in the 5G list but not in LTE

CraCKerO
Star II
Thank you everyone for your reply
I checked a Softbank SIM card, I was able to make phone calls and connect to internet using cellular data. A website I checked confirms the compatibility with Softbank network. however I am not sure about this information.
image.png
For other countries it may be the last letter of ASUS_I005D written on the box which could indicate the model of the frequency bands, example France, ASUS_ID005DA
So since my phone's model number ends with "A" then my network version is "A", is this correct?
I checked using CPU-Z as recommended by Lord_messi but it doesn't provide any relevant information.
On the other hand I checked a website about Rog phone 5 compatibility with KDDI/au network, it shows that 2g is not compatible as you can see from the image. However I am not sure if this information is correct or not.
image.png