Did you mean: 

ROG 5s touch sensitivity issues

tedsonchew
Star I

Model Name: ROG phone 5s

Firmware Version: 18.1220.2202.206

Rooted or not: no

Frequency of Occurrence: all the time

At first I didn't realize it but I did notice that my phone had a hard time unlocking using the fingerprint sensor. It was really obvious when I play Marvel Strike Force. I changed touch sensitivity to -2 and lowered all the settings, but it still registers taps when I'm sliding. I thought it was due to the screen protector and took it off, but the same results. I bought a different brand screen protector also the same. I did an SMMI test and it failed all the lines. What can I do now?

4 REPLIES 4

willjoe2442
Star III

Touch sensitivity issues
If you've applied a screen protector or want to generally boost the phone's touch sensitivity, go to Settings > Advanced and enable Glove mode.
Using the Armory Crate app, you can also make game-specific touch sensitivity changes. For general device settings, go to the Console panel.

Regards,

Will

I don't want to boost sensitivity. The sensitivity is wrong. When I slide, it instead registers taps, and selects apps/options when it shouldn't. Please refer to the SMMI test attached. It failed the Touch Test. Before I can even draw a line, it turns red right away.

tedsonchew
Star I

So, do I take my phone to repair? Change my display? Is this a software problem that can be fixed?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.