apurav799
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistently occuring daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am having extreme network issues. Cannot leave WIFI coverage else the calls don't connect. I am fed up of listening that my cell is not reachable. This is frustrating and fearful at the same time that you loose your cell connectivity randomly. I cannot even move in house while talking as network will drop suddenly and other side cannot hear me.
I had complained earlier also when my Firmware Version was 18.0840.2109.188. Issue got resolved for sometime after update but again facing same network drop issues.
I am running out of patience here. If this problem is not getting solved in few days then better Asus refunds my amount and take back my phone.
Already this phone was at service center twice and for over a month for Motherboard change.
I have compared this with my wife and she gets network in all the situations I have mentioned.
Hoping for a positive reply.
16 REPLIES 16

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi apurav799,
Can you try the below and confirm:
Using a different SIM/Different SIM slot
Using same SIM in in different phone
Run SMMI test few times to check for possible hardware issue
How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)
Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "
you will be entered to SMMI_TEST

apurav799
Star III
Hi ARP_ASUS,
As per your request I did insert different sim and different slots and result for that Sim(Airtel only) were same only. Sim signal strength was poor for other SIM too. (Attached screenshot)
Then I did put my Sim in another phone and SIM strength improved by minimum 50%. Again Screenshot attached.
Also ran SMMI TEST AND signal strength was poor in test too.(Screenshot attached)

Now this is becoming frustrating. If there is no solution then please refund my amount.
Also donot ask to send it to service center.
A. Don't want that my phone spends another 1 month in service center as it already did earlier twice.
B. I don't have any spare phone too.

zerojin14
Rising Star I
I also have a problem with the signal.
Also getting to a point where I have to buy a new phone.

apurav799
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi apurav799,

Can you try the below and confirm:

1. Using a different SIM/Different SIM slot
  2. Using same SIM in in different phone
  3. Run SMMI test few times to check for possible hardware issue

How to Enter SMMI_TEST (test hardware)

Go to Calculator=>type " .12345+= "

you will be entered to SMMI_TEST

View post
Hi ARP_ASUS,

Did you check my reply as I performed what you asked. Let me know what is next.
Thanks.