Did you mean: 

My ROG Phone 5 Wifi and Hotspot stopped working

AshwinPaleri
Star I

Model  Name: ROG Phone 5

My wifi and hotspot suddenly stopped working 

10 REPLIES 10

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, AshwinPaleri  and thank you for reaching out.

It is recommended that you first refer to the link below to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi issue. [Phone/Pad] What to do if my phone won't connect to a Wi-Fi network?  

If there is an inoperable part of the process, please let me know which one it is.

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

petergroft29
Star II

It is very convenient to use the Wi-Fi via your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL, especially in public spaces or indoors. But it is not rare that your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL can no longer connect to the Wi-Fi network. We will see in detail how to solve this problem.
First, the simplest solution is to use a automatic Wi-Fi troubleshooter as offered on the Play Store. We recommend you in particular WiFi auto connect, Wifi Fixer and Cleaner et WiFi Doctor.
Wi-Fi is all the more practical as it does not overload your data consumption on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL : your telephone operator, 4G or 5G, generally does not charge for Wi-Fi as mobile data.
In addition, many places do not hesitate to offer relatively fast Wi-Fi networks.
Therefore, it is not uncommon to prefer to connect your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL to Wi-Fi rather than using 4G or 5G cellular data service.
Not being able to connect to Wi-Fi with your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL is surely unpleasant: we often rely on Wi-Fi networks for greedy data needs, such as streaming video playback, or online games. .
-Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL Wi-Fi issue
Wi-Fi is particularly useful for using social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram or TikTok.
So let's see how to solve this Wi-Fi failure on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL.
First of all, do not hesitate to take a look at Google Wi-Fi troubleshooting help, which is often very useful.
-Setting the date and time on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL
It may sound benign, but one of the first things to do is to check if the date and time are up to date. If the date and time do not match the outside time then you need to adjust these parameters.
Indeed, for security reasons, many Wi-Fi networks will not give you access if the date and time are not correct on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL.
-Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL Wi-Fi issue
Open the “Settings” menu, then “Additional settings” and then “Date and time” From there, you can set the date and time on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL. It is best to choose the automatic setting so that this parameter matches your operator's network.
Then, be sure to clear your Wi-Fi cache memory on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL. To do this, go to "Settings", then "Additional settings" and "Application management". Then search for "Wi-Fi settings", then press "Clear cache".
-Repair your network with the WiFi Doctor app
Wi-Fi Doctor is a free Android app that can be used to scan Wi-Fi networks and repair them, especially when the signal is too weak.
This application will help you to make the Wi-Fi network stronger so that it can be used on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL to access the internet. You can download the free Wi-Fi Doctor app from the Google Play Store. Also two very useful applications to unblock the Wi-Fi on your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL are Wi-Fi Fixer and Cleaner et WiFi Fix.
-Restart the device or router
If the above method does not work and you are connected to a public Wi-Fi network, try restarting your device. For those of you who use your own network, this method also applies to routers.
So do not hesitate to restart your Box or modem to reset the Wi-Fi.
Even though it sounds simple, this method is powerful enough in solving Wi-Fi issues. Then try to reconnect with your Asus ROG Phone ZS600KL to try to get a connection to the internet.

Regards,
Peter

nonsense

gwepenk
Star III

Something bad happened to me today.

already 5 times my wifi suddenly turns off and can't be active.
Even worse, after a few seconds, my phone suddenly died.
If you find a solution share with me.
Because I no longer trust the Asus team as if I will eat blind wages without working