Attaching screenshot of battery usage from 100% to 10% :
screenshot-20210806-223309691.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

lorpagu
Star I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180790#Comment_180790

Hello,

Reading the first 3 accubattery reviews would certainly have allowed you to know even before installing it that it was going to detect you a 3000 mAh battery 🙂 and this is the case for the majority of applications of the same type which are unable to provide reliable information with the new technologies implemented on the battery.

The Android paradox and battery software and accelerators / cleaners and other cpu and memory optimizers

90% are popular with users

99% are useless, at best they do nothing, but most of the time they do more harm than good.

View post
First off I don't know for accubattery whether it has fixed it but I should have been more specific in saying the usable capacity for me shows around 3400mah which suggests it is considering both batteries. Secondly battery or any circuitry for that matter are abstracted, meaning OS will think it is a single battery with 6000mah. And I am 80% sure all modern phone batteries have programmable ports which can report usable capacity. You can see that even in windows for laptops and usb ups.
Comparing simple battery monitoring and reporting applications with bogus cleaners and optimisers is a stretch. Particularly accubattery is considered very credible in all android forums when reporting battery drain issues. Good job shilling. I can confidently say I had better battery longetivity with lower battery capacity phones than my ROG 5. Maybe my device is faulty which is why I asked if anyone else can test it too and report back.
I am only reporting this after a month of 10-100% charging sessions. Tested with various scenarios. Gaming especially discharges the phone in less than three hours.

Luchulainn
Star III
This is insane, used Chrome for 2 mins today and it's used 2% of my battery.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
@lorpagu 
Hello,
As expected, I confirm that AccuBattery gives very little correct information, the three main values ​​are manufacturer capacity 6000 mAh,% charge and estimated time up to 80, 90 or 100%
The estimated capacity is fancy and varies a lot, 400, 1200, 2600 mAh !!!, it seems to fluctuate less with time and is closer to the capacity of a battery but still moves between 2600 - 3200.
The screen off charger test is also wrong, my tester inserted between a 2A charger and the Rog5 indicates 1890mA and AccuBattery indicates 850ma (and I am absolutely sure of this tester, which allows multiple measurements including testing the battery capacity from 0 at 100% and indicates a value very close to 6000 mAh)
Time of use with the screen on indicates 5 hours per accubattery, I play with a non-stop outdoor game that uses 5G, GPS and BT, non-X mode and 60 fps, it is also a wifi access point for another smartphone , after 5 hours I still have 30 to 35% battery.
screen off accbattery indicates 24h :), I never left the 24h rog off but -3% in 10h the time I forgot to put in airplane mode lets me think that 24h is very underestimated.

After what you indicate, a game that unloads the phone in 3 hours, it is likely that your phone has a defective cell or some other problem.
A simple solution to test the cells after configuring the constant charge is to start at close to 0% charge and let it charge 100% with a standard charger that we are sure is delivering 1A or 2A (not the charger). ASUS 65w). If the green light is on after 3 hours in 1A or 1 hour 30 minutes with 2A, there is a fault.

nikhil_kaimal
Star III
ARP_ASUS

Hi nikhil,

Please follow the below:

Share your SOT(Screen on time) after trying the below:

1. Charge the battery to 100% & use as per your normal usage pattern (Twice)

2. When the battery strength reaches 10%, go to settings = Battery => Tap on the battery icon & share the graph

3. settings => Battery => Check the screen & share the same

If the chrome is still present and using too much battery, clear cache and storage and reinstall the App.

Factory reset once and report back.

View post
@ARP_ASUS I have now factory reset the phone, charged to 100% and used till 10% twice.
There is a slight improvement compared to earlier, however the drain is still huge compared to other applications like YouTube or Prime Video used for more than an hour.
Attaching screenshot of battery usage as you told:
What next !?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
nikhil_kaimal

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/180854#Comment_180854

@ARP_ASUS I have now factory reset the phone, charged to 100% and used till 10% twice.

There is a slight improvement compared to earlier, however the drain is still huge compared to other applications like YouTube or Prime Video used for more than an hour.

Attaching screenshot of battery usage as you told:

screenshot-20210812-230303845.jpg

screenshot-20210813-212346105.jpg

What next !?

View post
Just force stop and disable it
You use firefox for browsing