ramdanrivanto
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 5
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just bought Rog phone 5 recently and instal a few games like genshin impact and punishing gray raven and i play them with max setting 60fps.
The question is when I play those games with bypass charging why the battery still decrease? of course not draining faster but still draining tho. Any explanation for this? As i know the function of bypass charging is to deliver power directly to the phone right not to battery but the fact is battery still draining. If someone can explain this im very appreciated thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Firmware, most recent version does not mean anything
communicate the version or just the last 4 characters ".xxx"
Also indicate if it is with the 65w charger and the original cable, there are chargers that do not work with the rog5, the system indicates charging and the remaining time, the led lights up but the battery does not charge not.
On the other hand, I never noticed this defect with the original charger.
a simple 20w charger should sufficiently power the rog 5 without using the battery even with games at 144hz, there must have been a bad dialogue between the rog and the charger, try the following points.
- Check if there is a firmware update in the system parameter.
- switch off the rog 5 and switch on again (completely, Power OFF - ON)
- Disconnect the usb cable from the rog 5
- Unplug the charger from the 220v (or 110v) socket depending on your country
- Reconnect your charger to the power supply after 30 seconds
- Connect the Rog 5 to the charger
- Relaunch your games with load bypass enabled
The best way to check is with a battery between 50% and 80%, after several hours of games the battery charge should be the same, it can even be higher if the game displays advertisements or if you switch to another application. to take a call or message.

_LOLOPHX_
Star II
I am having the same problem after the last update on my Rog 3..... This never happened before the last update.....

ZuuGAKz
Rising Star I
I think it's normal if your device has a high temperature even with Bypass Charging on. I don't know why but I've noticed it for a long time.