hllsynotebook
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi!
Some time ago I got the ROG Phone 5, great phone overall, but I wanted to connect a keyboard and mouse to play an RPG on a big screen.
My keyboard and mouse were detected without issues, but to my surprise I could not find the key mapping option that I had in the previous ROG phone models, and in my Lenovo duel.
I tried all my adapters and docking stations to see if maybe I will get it to work but unfortunately I had no luck. (And trust me I have a lot of those: 3 different models of dell docking stations, Lenovo dock, dell mobile adapters, Microsoft mobile adapters etc)
I started to look for a solution online, and found out that the key mapping is only available when I'm connecting the accessories through the original "Asus professional dock".
I searched everywhere and you can't even buy it, as it's discontinued - I couldn't even find a used one for sale!
So is there any way to unlock this function for other docks? Am I missing something here? It worked without issues on my previous ROG phones (there were dedicated docking station for those too, but it was not required as it worked with anything)
Will any other Asus dock allow me to use the key mapping function? Like the Asus Universal dock, SimPro Dock?
Is there any chance to contact someone from Asus to suggest a change in the software to allow third party docks to be used (or any other Asus docks that are actually available) - as it's really awfull to lock a function behind an accessory that I can't even buy!
4 REPLIES 4

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Did you just write this message??? I'm sure I saw the same a few months ago.
Anyway the answer is no, there is no way with a dock marketed to date, it's blocked by software and only recognizes docks that are no longer manufactured or even findable on the market. 'opportunity.
As you can see it's not a subject that worries ASUS, at worst they don't answer, at best they don't care about you by telling you that it's compatible with the asus pro dock.
If you had hope with the new ASUS smartphones, the logic would be to unlock this feature for compatible hardware since ASUS no longer manufactures a dock, it's missed, no mapping on ROG6 and 6D, it's even worse on the Rog6 it is impossible to use the wired Ethernet of a dock via the USB of the rog6. The final touch of the worst design in the world being with the Aerocooler because this time the USB port only ensures the charge

FunBike31
Community Legend I
In the meantime, do like me, follow the availability of this, do not rush, it would be surprising not to see an 8 Gen 2 soon, but already it is a successful concentrate of everything ASUS has messed up.
https://www.fonearena.com/blog/374079/sony-xperia-stream-price-features.html

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

In the meantime, do like me, follow the availability of this, do not rush, it would be surprising not to see an 8 Gen 2 soon, but already it is a successful concentrate of everything ASUS has messed up.

https://www.fonearena.com/blog/374079/sony-xperia-stream-price-features.html

View post
funfact u can stream 1080p 120hz with sony, meanwhile ASUS turdphone 6 60hz, nice gaming phone.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.