nickzorilla8
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG phone 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello the Aero active cooler was not functioning even if i plug it after I restart my phone. It occurred last year and I didn't get any response. Hopefully you can answer my issue this time. I turn on the X-mode and still the cooler was not responding
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

FunBike31
Community Legend I
nickzorilla8

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello the Aero active cooler was not functioning even if i plug it after I restart my phone. It occurred last year and I didn't get any response. Hopefully you can answer my issue this time. I turn on the X-mode and still the cooler was not responding

========================================

Aeroactive cooler not functioning.
Regrettable because if other usb devices work, it's your fan that's broken and it should no longer be under warranty.
If other usb devices do not work, then it is a failure of the Rog 5, which is still under warranty
In any case, it is not due to an update.
Check that you have 5 pin and that it is clearly visible and not twisted.
The fan being out of warranty, if you are a handyman you may be able to dismantle it, it seems clipped, I can't help you more, mine works well, at least for the triggers because for cooling it's a gadget.
PS: if you have to buy one and you don't need triggers but efficient cooling, opt for the BS4 one instead

nickzorilla8
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57952/aeroactive-cooler-not-functioning

Regrettable because if other usb devices work, it's your fan that's broken and it should no longer be under warranty.

If other usb devices do not work, then it is a failure of the Rog 5, which is still under warranty

The fan being out of warranty, if you are a handyman you may be able to dismantle it, it seems clipped, I can't help you more, mine works well, at least for the triggers because for cooling it's a gadget.

PS: if you have to buy one and you don't need triggers but efficient cooling, opt for the BS4 one instead

View post
Okay thank you sir for your answer.

nickzorilla8
Star III
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57952/aeroactive-cooler-not-functioning

View post
I think it's the pin since the side port charger is still functioning well