ivzenkin
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 192
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every day or two
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The sound of ringtones, sms, notifications and alarms disappear almost every day. Only vibration remains without sound. There is no "mute" icon on the status bar. It does not effect music, games, films and so on. Only restarting the phone helps, but in a day or two all the same. It doesn't depend on firmware version. I tried 158, 172, 192.
Any idea how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ivzenkin Strange, sounds to me like vibration mode is kicking in for some reason, but that shouldn't affect alarm svolume.
Next time you notice that the sounds have disappeared, can you please check your settings if the volume sliders indicate that you should have sound? Take a screenshot and upload here.
Settings -> Sound & vibration

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still having issues with the notifications but it's intermittent, so I cannot rely on this phone's notifications so much.

I've open other threads, but in the end they were closed as I think it's the approach to forget about things unless you push really hard for things. For example: The black crush issue is not planned to be resolved, so the phone doesn't fit for purpose for a quality screen either. At this stage really disappointed, not keen to pursuit or rely on support team/this forum.

Re. https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54103/second-post-previous-issues-still-persists-and-new-ones...

ivzenkin
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS
When alarm & notification sounds disappear all the sliders remain at the normal working position. Screenshot attached.