himadri52
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I003DD
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Stock camera app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Primary camera sensor can't focus certain portions (almost half) both in videos and photos. I tried clearing cache and data but it's still the same. I always use my phone in indoor condition. It never came into contact with water or dusty environment. This is my secondary device mainly for gaming. I've added some photos.
Just compare those photos left and right portions, left sides are in complete focus but the right sides are out of focus even the subjects are in same distance from the camera. I tried to focus the right portions by touching during shooting those photos but it's same.
@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS
9 REPLIES 9

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
First things first, is your lens completely clean? Maybe 1 side was simply more fogged?
I tested with my phone and it's defnitely specific for your device.

himadri52
Star III
nightmaster552

First things first, is your lens completely clean? Maybe 1 side was simply more fogged?

I tested with my phone and it's defnitely specific for your device.

View post
Yes it's completely clean. I always keep them clean. And thnx bro for ur concern.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
himadri52

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133011#Comment_133011

Yes it's completely clean. I always keep them clean. And thnx bro for ur concern.

View post
In the viewfinder, does it look like that as well? Or does it look normally there? Because it doesn't look like a focus problem but more a problem caused by a glitch in the fake bokeh processing. Try to take a shot with the pro mode of the camera and see if it still does it. If it doesn't then the processing is the culprit

himadri52
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133018#Comment_133018

In the viewfinder, does it look like that as well? Or does it look normally there? Because it doesn't look like a focus problem but more a problem caused by a glitch in the fake bokeh processing. Try to take a shot with the pro mode of the camera and see if it still does it. If it doesn't then the processing is the culprit

View post
Yeah it is also in the view finder and also with the pro mode. And one thing, when a subject is in close range like 1-2 feet away the issue becomes minimum but it appears severely for medium or long distance focussing and also there is no problem with macro and wide angle. I doubt there is something on the aperture of the internal lenses that's why it shows different results for different subject distances.