rubel123kiran
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 3
Firmware Version: new version
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytimr
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I'm facing a very heavy black crush display on my device can u please solve that issue cause when ever I see some horror or other dark movies this makes very awkward and loose intrest in seeing that clips, picture or any other videos.
screenshot-20201027-223313369.jpg
Even though I updated my mobile I'm facing this problem please look into this problem thank you
35 REPLIES 35

mohammed98221
Star III
skailash2001

@mohammed98221 can u share a picture of your screen playing that video at 1:15 and brightness of 60% at 144hz? Also please send pics with HW overlay off and on. I wanna know the difference and how much it is.

Thanks.

View post
So I've set it to 144hz and 60% brightness and here's what I get:
The first pic is with 'Disable HW overlays' turned off as is the default case.
pxl-20201030-185139864.jpg
The next one is with 'Disable HW overlays' turned on. This setting seems to make it much worse.
pxl-20201030-185315217.jpg
One thing to note is the low quality of the video. There's already certain amount of graininess. However, the he overlays' setting makes it almost unwatchable. The first pic looks better to my eyes than it appears on camera.
I have my screen refresh set to auto and don't have 'Disable HW overlays' turned on. Most of the time I don't see anything like what's shown in the second pic.

skailash2001
Rising Star I
@mohammed98221 yeah the video is of low quality. Even then, I'm not able to notice this bad of a black crush on my OnePlus 6t.
I can see that our screen calibrations are a little different. I think yours has about 5-10% less black crush, but that might just be a slight difference in the video timing. But u can also see that in the first pic, the whole feel of the video is different with the overlay on. That is why we need the real solution and not some overlay. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

zickyzz
Star II
All I can say if this doesn't get resolved I will never ever get another Asus product again. That's including all the PC parts I bought from them. This problem should of been resolved months ago but if they don't fix it that means they are cheap and lazy to pay their workers to resolve this.

To be honest even when I got the Asus ROG monitor 165 hz it came with so many dead pixel. Maybe Asus isn't a premium brand

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
I just tested out the black crush which even i had after upgrading to the latest firmware. I just disabled the hardware overlay in developers option and it just vanished!
I don't know if its going to work for you or not but it did for me. Now it almost black 😂 at all refresh rates of display.

meet_rahul05
Star II
skailash2001

@nightmaster552 HW overlays on or off?

https://youtu.be/0yRxvTntN7g

Try this video, after a minute I can see a lot of black crush, with HW overlay off, and with the overlay on the black crush is reduced but the video looks horrible. See for yourself

View post
Tried the video...too much black crush.