App crash after the latest update.

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-17.0823.2104.147
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 8/10
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Marvel contest of champion and several others
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello @ARP_ASUS,
After I received the latest update, I'm facing frequent ANR and then app crash issue in "MCOC (marvel contest of champion) and several other games + apps.
the crash is happening almost every 5-10 min.. please help in fixing the issue.
Is there any way to revert the latest update? so that I can use the apps till the issue is fixed.
Need help ASAP.

11 REPLIES 11

sanjaykr_kundu
Star III
CHOOZR

not having this issue on my side.playing black desert and MCOC.

Did you try clearing cache and restart?

View post
It's happening after I installed the latest update. will try to clear the cache. Thanks

amr_mazn
Star I
Possible last update link?

g4m3raddict
Star III
Just got the FOTA Update on my phone, should i update or wait coz @sanjaykr.kundu and @sudhi.k got crash issues but @CHOOZR is not getting any crash issues. Please update after clearing cache and restart did the issue fixed or after formatting it works. @Titan_ASUS please look into this.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
sanjaykr.kundu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/168332#Comment_168332

let me know if formatting works.

View post
After formatting works fine for me. I think update has some issues or else not properly implemented may be. But post formatting everything works fine.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
g4m3raddict

Just got the FOTA Update on my phone, should i update or wait coz @sanjaykr.kundu and @sudhi.k got crash issues but @CHOOZR is not getting any crash issues. Please update after clearing cache and restart did the issue fixed or after formatting it works. @Titan_ASUS please look into this.

View post
Better to wait for couple of days and get more feedback before installation. Else do a complete format of the phone which worked for me.