This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Band Locking option

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
Hi guys can anybody here tell me how to lock 4G LTE band on ROG 3 without Root.
Earlier I was using LG thinQ Phone and it has a secret code to lock LTE band to band 3,5,40 or whatever desired bands without Root.
The Problem is I'm using JIO network and here at my location the internet speed is very horrible on LTE Band 3 and Band 40 and I used to lock my LG ThinQ on Band 3 and Band 5 and I was getting very good speed. But on the ROG 3 I'm not getting any solution to this and end up with a horrible Internet Speed.
I Request to the Asus Officials to look on this issue and come with a resolution. If I'm using a beast phone and the internet speed is bad then what is the benefit of buying a beast phone ?

7 REPLIES 7

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Currently there is no way to do the same.
Its decided automatically by the firmware. Also, for network issue you check with the network provider if they can help on this.

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi,

Currently there is no way to do the same.

Its decided automatically by the firmware. Also, for network issue you check with the network provider if they can help on this.

View post
Hi like I said there are secret dialing codes which can be used to go to the band settings to select different bands on 4G,3G and 2G network.
Brands like OnePlus, Xiaomi, and Oppo were having this Feature and I used this feature on both OnePlus and Xiaomi.
Asus is missing this feature from its firmware.
All I'm asking is in the next OTA please consider adding this basic feature so that your customers don't have to switch their phones for just a simple feature

ubersapian
Star III
You could possibly try enabling it from the phone information settings screen by dialling *#*#4636#*#
The is a drop down menu and band selection tab that might possibly work
Note that I've only seen this band settings tab on the android 11 beta phone information screen.
screenshot-20210415-143258227-1.jpg
screenshot-20210415-143306277.jpg

ubersapian
Star III
I know from android 11 beta you can access band settings via the *#*#4636#*#* code in the phone dialer
then in the 3 dot menu top right corner there is band settings option.
screenshot-20210415-143258227-1.jpg
screenshot-20210415-143306277.jpg