Star III
System: Win 10 20H2
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF A15 FA506ii
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Hello. I purchased this laptop few days ago (r5 4600h, 1650Ti 4GB, 8GB ram, SSD). I noticed that when playing CSGO my fps is around 70-120 (Ofic. MM, faceit, training with bots). I tried various FPS boost commands, setting the priority to high, uninstalling the game, even tried to disable/enable the services in msconfig, but nothing helped. I know that this laptop can do much more as I was getting about 200 fps on my 5 years old n551vw laptop (i5, 960m, 12gb ram). I've even updated the bios to 314 but it didn't help. The game is installed on the SSD. What do you think might be the source of the problem?
I was thinking that it might be the RAM (8GB CL22) but I'm not sure. I know that CSGO is a game that uses more CPU than GPU but I didn't think it would be a problem for the R5. Regarding the RAM, is it possible to get rid of the original 8GB ram and replace it with a single 16GB faster CL16 unit? I think I saw somewhere on the internet that the RAM is soldered and can not be replaced.

Thank you, hope you understand as my english isn't the best. Patrick.
32 REPLIES 32

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Patrick,
There are 2 RAM slot on this model. Each supporting DDR4 3200Hz 1.2V RAM up to 16GB. 32GB in total.
Thank you.

anhquangno1
Star I
You should really try this. I got the same problem and asus recommend me to upgrade to dual channel. Not the single 16 gb stick. I can not afford an other ram stick now. Please do that if you can and give me the result. Lots of my friends got the same problem

fAk3svk
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello Patrick,

There are 2 RAM slot on this model. Each supporting DDR4 3200Hz 1.2V RAM up to 16GB. 32GB in total.

Thank you.

View post
Hello Blake. "2 ram slots" means that I can get rid of the old ram and buy a faster one, if I can find one? Thank you for your help 👍

anhquangno1

You should really try this. I got the same problem and asus recommend me to upgrade to dual channel. Not the single 16 gb stick. I can not afford an other ram stick now. Please do that if you can and give me the result. Lots of my friends got the same problem

View post
Yes I will buy another 8gm ram and let you know. Problem is that it's out of stock everywhere here in UK

anhquangno1
Star I
I highly appreciate that. Hope our laptop will be fine. I have not play any games with full experience since i bought it