Star II
System: Freedos
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF A15 2022 FA507RM
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Few hours ago I unboxed a brand new TUF A15 2022 FA507RM-HN096. Like its manual says, I plugged in the charger before turning on the laptop but no LED light turned on. I still waited 3 hours for it to charge but I suppose it didn't because the power adapter was always cold.
So after 3 hours I pressed the power button and turned it on. (BIOS showed up because it is Freedos) In BIOS it showed the battery was 51% charged. So in 3 hours the adapter didn't charge the laptop at all. And when it is turned on (showing BIOS), the battery LED near the keyboard still doesn't turn on at all. But when the laptop was turned on (showing BIOS on the screen), the battery went from 51% to 59%.
I turned off the laptop and the battery LED near the keyboard still doesn't light up. (it never lit up)
In short, the laptop definitely doesn't charge when turned off. I'm not even sure it charges when turned on because the battery LED near the keyboard NEVER lights up.
Is this normal? Will it charge when turned off if I install Windows OS?
Agents of this site, please help me with this issue and not ignore it like you did in the past.
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
  1. System: Freedos
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: TUF A15 2022 FA507RM
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:Few hours ago I unboxed a brand new TUF A15 2022 FA507RM-HN096. Like its manual says, I plugged in the charger before turning on the laptop but no LED light turned on. I still waited 3 hours for it to charge but I suppose it didn't because the power adapter was always cold.

So after 3 hours I pressed the power button and turned it on. (BIOS showed up because it is Freedos) In BIOS it showed the battery was 51% charged. So in 3 hours the adapter didn't charge the laptop at all. And when it is turned on (showing BIOS), the battery LED near the keyboard still doesn't turn on at all. But when the laptop was turned on (showing BIOS on the screen), the battery went from 51% to 59%.

I turned off the laptop and the battery LED near the keyboard still doesn't light up. (it never lit up)

In short, the laptop definitely doesn't charge when turned off. I'm not even sure it charges when turned on because the battery LED near the keyboard NEVER lights up.

Is this normal? Will it charge when turned off if I install Windows OS?

Agents of this site, please help me with this issue and not ignore it like you did in the past.

Thank you.

New TUF A15 2022 laptop not charging when turned off
@avatar896
According to what you described, if you are a newly purchased laptop, I would suggest that you report to the dealer to confirm whether you can return or exchange the product. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.