This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh network with 2 switches - possible?

klapaucjusz1
Star I
Hello,
I have two joined apartments (#1 and #2). In each one I have a telecommunication box and Ethernet cables between the box and individual rooms in that apartment. There is also one ethernet cable between the telecommunication box in apartment #1 and the telecommunication box in apartment #2.
But there are no direct ethernet cables between the telecommunication box in apartment #1 and individual rooms in apartment #2, or the other way around.
My plan is to:
1. put my ISP modem, a main Mesh router and a switch (switch #1) in the telecommunication box in apartment #1 (and connect them via Ethernet)
2. connect 3 Mesh satellites (via Ethernet) in apartment #1 to switch #1
3. put a second switch (switch #2) in the telecommunication box in apartment #2
4. connect Switch #1 and Switch #2 via Ethernet
5. connect Switch #2 and 2 Mesh Satellites in Apartment #2 via Ethernet
My objective is to:
- create one common Mesh Wifi network for both apartments, with wired Ethernet backhaul connections
- be able to use Wifi backhaul (in case I want to put a satellite in a room where I don’t have an ethernet cable)
- be able to connect via Ethernet a client device (e.g. laptop) to each of the Mesh satellites.
I have the following questions:
a) Is it possible to create the network described above?
b) which systems would be suitable for this network? I am mainly interested in consumer/home product line (for ease of use), but if business solutions would be better for the job, that’s ok too;
c) which switches would be suitable for this network?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
klapaucjusz1

Hello,

I have two joined apartments (#1 and #2). In each one I have a telecommunication box and Ethernet cables between the box and individual rooms in that apartment. There is also one ethernet cable between the telecommunication box in apartment #1 and the telecommunication box in apartment #2.

But there are no direct ethernet cables between the telecommunication box in apartment #1 and individual rooms in apartment #2, or the other way around.

My plan is to:

1. put my ISP modem, a main Mesh router and a switch (switch #1) in the telecommunication box in apartment #1 (and connect them via Ethernet)

2. connect 3 Mesh satellites (via Ethernet) in apartment #1 to switch #1

3. put a second switch (switch #2) in the telecommunication box in apartment #2

4. connect Switch #1 and Switch #2 via Ethernet

5. connect Switch #2 and 2 Mesh Satellites in Apartment #2 via Ethernet

My objective is to:

- create one common Mesh Wifi network for both apartments, with wired Ethernet backhaul connections

- be able to use Wifi backhaul (in case I want to put a satellite in a room where I don’t have an ethernet cable)

- be able to connect via Ethernet a client device (e.g. laptop) to each of the Mesh satellites.

I have the following questions:

a) Is it possible to create the network described above?

b) which systems would be suitable for this network? I am mainly interested in consumer/home product line (for ease of use), but if business solutions would be better for the job, that’s ok too;

c) which switches would be suitable for this network?

Mesh network with 2 switches - possible?
@klapaucjusz1
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/Product/ContactUs/Services/questionform/?lang=en
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.