System: WIndows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: G401IU
Frequency of occurrence: Stable to repeat
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I want to discuss two of many problems here. They are relating to cooling system.
AC plugged in, Armoury Crate mode: Manual, close and open the laptop cover, system went to suspend and woke up - fans start pumping, fans change speed from expected to unexpected RPM. I found that other people have the same issue.
Armoury Crate "manual" fan curves are available when charger is plugged in only . Do I have a chance to see this functionality for "battery" mode? I think so, the best solution - migrate all this stuff to BIOS. Fan curves in bios - a great idea to support other OSs(e.g. linux based).
In addition, many laptops have option to disable discrete GPU in BIOS, I will hope to see this in futher BIOS releases

5 REPLIES 5

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
may you help to record a video of the issue? and what is the version of your current BIOS. Armoury Crate and ASUS System control interface V2 driver .
The manual mode is aim for higher performance than Turbo mode, so same as Turbo mode, it can only be used when adapter is plugged in. Hope you can understand.
I will report your feedback to related team

Thank you.

dmpotapenko1990
Star II
Hi,
Thank you for your answers!
Armoury Crate 3.0.11.0, ASUS System control interface V2 driver: 2.3.18.0. Steps to reproduce: plug in charger, set manual mode, close and open laptop cap - fans start pumping. Sorry can't provide good video easily.
Yes, understand. It will be cool to meet the same functionality for silent mode
Thanks, I think many people will be glad to see these changes

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
HI there,
What's your BIOS version?
Before you close the lid, how did you set the manual mode? you set the fan to which %?
and how long did you close the laptop? the laptop went to sleep mode or hibernation mode?
You mentioned unexpected RPM in the first feedback, so what's the RPM it reached? and the device temperature at that moment?
Thank you.

dmpotapenko1990
Star II
Hello,
BIOS version 219.
I tried a few random percentages from low to high, I suppose it's not related on special value.
I close laptop and open with 1 second delay(sleep mode).
I see 2400-2600rpm in HWMonitor, but i'm not sure is it real. Suppose, HWMonitor registers fan speed values with some tickrate(100ms, 200ms or any) and ignore a intermediate values(between ticks). I counted 2-3 pumpings per second while I was observing the pumping effect. Temperature sensors in HWMonitor displays about 40-45 degrees(celsius).

Thank you!