Battery or AC:
Model: tuf dash f15 fx517zm
Frequency of occurrence: every time I tried it
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi,
Recently bought the 2022 dash f15 and when I tried to charge it with the thunderbolt 4 port it didn't work and I felt static on the laptop.
I used a 100w charger I would use to charge my old laptop (thunderbolt 3 port), and it charges fine with the usbc power delivery port right next to the thunderbolt one. Do I need a special cable in order to be able to make use of the thunderbolt 4 port?
The thunderbolt port works when I connect my phone to it (charges the phone and file transfer works fine).
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
cffsousa
  1. System: windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: tuf dash f15 fx517zm
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every time I tried it
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi,

Recently bought the 2022 dash f15 and when I tried to charge it with the thunderbolt 4 port it didn't work and I felt static on the laptop.

I used a 100w charger I would use to charge my old laptop (thunderbolt 3 port), and it charges fine with the usbc power delivery port right next to the thunderbolt one. Do I need a special cable in order to be able to make use of the thunderbolt 4 port?

The thunderbolt port works when I connect my phone to it (charges the phone and file transfer works fine).

2022 tuf dash f15 not charging with thunderbolt
@cffsousa
Is the charging cable you are using attached to you by us?
Or if you change another charging cable, will the situation remain the same?

cffsousa
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/66628/2022-tuf-dash-f15-not-charging-with-thunderbolt

@cffsousa

Is the charging cable you are using attached to you by us?

Or if you change another charging cable, will the situation remain the same?

View post
The charging cable is the one that came with the charger (not asus) and I didn't have the opportunity of testing with a different cable yet.
It does work with the regular usb-c port with power delivery support in the same laptop. and it works in order to charge other devices using the laptop thunderbolt port (ie. a smartphone, headphones,...)

Falcon_ASUS
cffsousa

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240273#Comment_240273

The charging cable is the one that came with the charger (not asus) and I didn't have the opportunity of testing with a different cable yet.

It does work with the regular usb-c port with power delivery support in the same laptop. and it works in order to charge other devices using the laptop thunderbolt port (ie. a smartphone, headphones,...)

View post
@cffsousa
As this situation may be caused by compatibility, it is recommended that you bring the charging cable and laptop to our repair center for further confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

cffsousa
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240302#Comment_240302

@cffsousa

As this situation may be caused by compatibility, it is recommended that you bring the charging cable and laptop to our repair center for further confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
The nearest repair center is way to far for me to be able to go there.
I actually bought a new thunderbolt 4 cable and I get the same problem. No charging over thunderbolt, charges fine over usb-c PD