cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ProArt Z790 creator wifi] Integrated GPU display issues

Kinjin
Star II

Hello,

I've just built a new system with a ProArt Z790 Creator WiFi board and an Intel Core i9-14900K. I do not have an external/discrete video card (just wanting to use the integrated GPU on the processor). I am having issues getting the display to work. I purchased an LG 24MP60G monitor (has DisplayPort and HDMI output). When I try to use the HDMI port, I get the following message:

"A new external input has been connected. Do you want to use this? HDMI" and it has a Yes and a No button on the screen. I've tried clicking with my mouse (usb, wired) and hitting ENTER on the keyboard but there's no mouse cursor, and nothing happens. After a few moments the message changes to:

"No Signal Entering the power saving mode shortly"

The only Q-LED light that is on is the BOOT (Yellow Green) light, which makes sense as I have not been able to install an OS on the hard drive, since I cannot get anything to display on the monitor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Kinjin 

Regarding the issue where the system fails to boot and the BOOT Q-LED indicator is on, it indicates that the boot device is improperly installed or malfunctioning during the POST process, not that the system is not detected.
We recommend referring to [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators and comparing it with the ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI manual to ensure your M.2 SSD or SATA hard drive is correctly installed.
Please avoid using extension cables or adapters initially.

Regarding the monitor installation, is it connected to the ports on the rear panel of the motherboard?
Have you tried selecting the options using the buttons on the monitor's bezel?
Based on your description, the issue seems to be closely related to the boot storage device.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Kinjin 

Regarding the issue where the system fails to boot and the BOOT Q-LED indicator is on, it indicates that the boot device is improperly installed or malfunctioning during the POST process, not that the system is not detected.
We recommend referring to [Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators and comparing it with the ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI manual to ensure your M.2 SSD or SATA hard drive is correctly installed.
Please avoid using extension cables or adapters initially.

Regarding the monitor installation, is it connected to the ports on the rear panel of the motherboard?
Have you tried selecting the options using the buttons on the monitor's bezel?
Based on your description, the issue seems to be closely related to the boot storage device.

Thank you.

Kinjin
Star II

Thanks, I will verify the connection to the hard drive and will update with a followup post.

As for the monitor, it was connected to the HDMI port on the rear panel of the motherboard. The monitor has no options or buttons outside of the single power button. I have returned that monitor and have ordered a Dell G3223Q, which I have been assured has plenty of buttons and features and should work with no issues. I will reply back hopefully later today with updates.

Kinjin
Star II

UPDATE:

The new monitor instantly worked over HDMI, it was booted directly into the BIOS. New SATA hard drive was seen with no issues, and as soon as I inserted my install USB drive, everything began working as expected. Thanks again Jiaszzz_ASUS!

Hello, @Kinjin 

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem.
If you encounter any further difficulties or have any concerns, please feel free to update again or PM me anytime.

Thank you.